Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Squeezing Buns

Well, this post is not exactly about the kids (as you may have guessed by the title), but it is something I found very interesting. I was searching the net today just passing some time and I came across this tidbit. I don't know if it is true, but I thought I would check it out next time I go to the store. Has anyone else heard about this?

We learn something new every day! If you buy bread, look at the twist-tie at the end of the loaf. When you go to buy bread in the grocery store, have you ever wondered which is the freshest? You probably "squeeze"for freshness or softness. Did you know that bread is delivered fresh to the stores five days a week? These days are Monday, Tuesday,Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Each day has a different color twist-tie on the bread.

They are:
Monday----Blue
Tuesday----Green
Thursday---Red
Friday------White
Saturday----Yellow

The colors go alphabetically by color as shown above. This makes it very easy to remember.(Place a post-it note in your wallet so you will not forget.) Enjoy fresh bread by buying it with the right color when you shop!

2 comments:

shanda said...

How interesting! Now if I could only remember all that....

Anonymous said...

I knew bread was colored coded for freshness but I did not know what colors went with what days. Thanks for passing your knowledge along, I'll try to remember it.

Love
Grandmama