Monday, April 21, 2008

Cutest Not-So-Cute Dog Ever


Okay this is more or less a free advertisement for Hollywood Feed on Stage Rd. Friday night David and I were talking about Jax and I was saying how sorry I felt for him because he never gets to run around the house and spend time with the family. He has just gotten to the point of "matted beyond repair". His coat was matted, he has played in several monsoons lately adding a less than delightful odor, and his breath is just horrid. So, after voicing my concerns about our dog, I realized that if he was cleaned up a little, we would play with him more, he could come inside again, and in the long run, I would be happier. So we called several places and the only one that could take him in on such short notice was Hollywood Feed. The groomer warned me that with all the matting, it might cost extra and that there was the possibility that she would not be able to get all of his coat brushed out. (Really, it has been years since he has received some special attention.) SEVEN HOURS LATER, they called and said he was ready. I don't know HOW they did it, but he could not have looked better. And in the end, with all the extra charges for the matted coat, bathing, trimming, and deodorizing, they charged us a flat $25! What?! Doesn't he look good though? Now he's happy, I'm happy, the boys are happy--well, everyone but Lydia is happy (she doesn't like him because for whatever reason he is always stepping on her feet. Talk about attitude! Man does she let him have it!) Anyhow, that's that about Jax...and now he's cute again--kinda...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy Jax is once again a member of the family. I would love to hear Lydia fuss at him.
Grandmommy

Shanda said...

Yay for Jax! What a pretty girl...I mean boy, the bow threw me! Must be strange having him in the house. I bet he is loving it.

leahdukecook said...

CUTE Doggie!! :) I was going to say hello to you on Sunday after class was over, but then you were out the door. I wonder if having four kids has anything to do with that? :) Yeah, we joined on Palm Sunday, the Sunday before Easter. It had been 9 months of visiting, seemed about time...