Friday, April 18, 2008

I'd Rather be Sick

On Wednesday, we received a call from the daycare about Bryan. He had a fever of 102. My dad was able to pick him up from school and David took him to the doctor that afternoon. Believe it or not, he has come down with strep again. The virus that gave him the awful rash a few weeks ago. Luckily, this time we recognized it right away and got him to the doctor quickly so that it won't get as bad as it did last time. He stayed home from school yesterday because we were told that if he was contagious it would be during the first 24 hours of the virus--so just to be on the safe side David took off from work to keep him. When we woke up yesterday, Lydia also had a fever so she too stayed home (when it rains it pours). She has been fighting an ear infection for several weeks now which, I'm sure, is the cause of her temperature. Anyhow, yesterday, while all of us "well" people were working, or schooling, this is what the "sick" ones were doing:


Ice Cream in the Park! Now, tell me, wouldn't you rather be sick? They has lots more fun than I did at work!

Bryan with no time to waste. 2 spoons to get the job done right!

Mmmmmm.

Aren't we all so proud of David for taking such great pictures! Thanks, Daddy!
It seems lately that the only time we have off with the kids is when they are sick. Sometimes you just gotta make the most of the time you have together. Great thinking Daddy! And thank you for taking the camera along!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks more like playing hooky than being sick. Good pics, Dad.
Grandmommy

Shanda said...

Next time I'm sick I'm calling y'all so I can go to the park and eat ice cream! Now they are going to want to be sick every day (spend time with just Daddy, go to the park and have ice cream, I would rather be sick). I'm sure David really missed being at work, poor Daddy. Looks like they had a blast!

Me again said...

P.S. Looks like someone has been trained well in taking pictures! HA Way to go.

Anonymous said...

Hope everyone feeling better now. I have not read your blog for several days so I had a lot to catch up. Mommy and Daddy are doing a great job with the blogs and the pictures (of course all the kids are helping out to). Keep up the good work!

Grandmama