Saturday, April 26, 2008

Inching His Way to the Top

Today, Dylan participated in his second taekwondo tournament. He was one of five competitors in the six and under green belt group. Once again I don't think the judges really got things right, but I was definitely satisfied with the way things turned out. Dylan walked away with third place--a bronze medal--in the forms competition. He had so much fun sparring even though he did not place in the sparring competition. Last competition, he did not place at all. This time he placed third. If he continues this trend, he should make it to the top very soon. Whether or not he does, he is having fun, we are enjoying watching him, and he is definitely improving.



***Right before he was getting ready to go into the ring, David ran over to Dylan to tell him to just have fun and when he did, Dylan turned to him and said, "What do you want, I'm praying right now." So sweet. We have told him that he can pray anytime and about anything, but this is the first time that I know of that he has actually prayed on his own without being reminded. I am constantly amazed at just how much he takes in and applies to his life daily. I am honored to be his mother and I am proud to call him my son.



So now, here are a few pictures from his tournament. My camera went on strike about half way through the event and I unfortunately was only able to get a few pictures here and there when it decided to cooperate. But these are a few of the best ones I got.

An introduction with the judges.

Dylan gets padded up for the sparring competition.

The judges check Dylan's pads to make sure they are in good condition and properly secured. (They do this for every competitor and before every match.)

Dylan receiving his medal from the judges.

Our proud baby boy showing off his medal (and chevron).

2 comments:

Shanda said...

Way to go Dylan! He'll get there, I'm sure he's competing against some people that have been doing this longer than he has. And as long as he is having fun and mommy and daddy are there who cares if the medals come! I love that he was praying...you guys have obviously taught and are teaching your kids well!

Anonymous said...

Grandpa & I enjoyed the tournament very much. We were impressed with how well he did. We can't wait to see him in action again.
Grandmommy