Tuesday, April 15, 2008

On the Same Page With God

Tonight, I was clearing out my email when I ran across this email that I sent to my mom on the 18th of March. The story itself is about a month old, but already I had forgotten about it. (Emphasizing to me the importance of journaling). Luckily I preserved it in email form and after reading it a second time, I decided that it was one worthy of remembering in the future, so I will journal it here for you to read and for me to keep. So, without further adieu, I bring you another great Bryanism:

(dated March 18, 2008)
"Last night we were doing our bible study and we read about God talking to Samuel. The questions that followed the story kind of went from questions about the story itself to “Can you tell me one other person who we have learned about so far that God spoke directly to?” (Answers: Moses, Noah, Adam & Eve, etc.) Then I asked the kids “If God spoke directly to you today, what might be something that he would tell you to do?” (We try to get them to think outside the box and not just memorize the stories). Bryan thought for a minute and then he said “To not say ‘yeah’.” I nearly wet myself. He’s so CANDID!"

After reliving the story through reading this email one thing really stuck out. My 3-year-old son sees God and mommy as being on the same page. What a great feeling. Although I want him to learn MUCH, MUCH more from God than just "not to say yeah" :) I learned something myself from this oh-so-innocent answer. God has entrusted to me 4 lives. He has certain expectations of me as a mother, and as a witness to these souls. And He is already showing to me that He is not sending me out on a mission by myself. Already, my children see that God is my backup (well, actually He is my Guide, my Backup, and everything in between). And with God at my side, how can I fail?! So world, ready or not...here we come!

1 comment:

Kaylie and Elon's Mommy said...

What an inspiration Lindsay. Really, I do want to be like you when I grow up! That is absolutely wonderful that you are teaching them and they are obviously learning A LOT from you. You are their example, whether you like it or not and right now their spiritual lives are in your hands. I don't think the world is quite ready for you yet though.... :)