Friday, April 11, 2008

Say What?

This is one of my favorite sibling pictures (though I have many favorite sibling pictures). It really has nothing to do with the post today, but I just wanted to post it anyway.
I wasn't going to post anything tonight as today was just an average day and I didn't even take one picture. But as I was lying in bed with our Lydia, she just blew me away with her incessant talking and I knew if I didn't journal it down, I would forget. (Too bad I didn't think to blog when the boys were babies--oh, how many wonderful memories I'm sure I've already forgotten.) Anyhow. Lydia, a teddy bear, her baby, and I were all snuggled in the bed and from the lips of my little girl came the following sentences/phrases:



"Jax in house?"


"Daddy home?"


"Hi-low (hello) baby bear!"


"baby home."


"Night, night bear."



and one of my favorites...



"Bye, Bye, Daddy. Love you!"


And would I be totally bragging on her if I told you that she is about 3 words short of saying her own prayers at night? That's right. She says her own prayer when we say our family prayers before bed. She just needs a little help remembering a word here and there. She is doing so good and we are so proud of her. Keep on blabbing away, girl! I'm absolutely loving it. I have been waiting nearly 2 years to hear that sweet voice!

3 comments:

Lydia's best friend's Mommy said...

What a big girl Lydia is! Her and Jeremy were carrying on a conversation last night and he though she was just too cute. I love the picture, too, how great when we can actually get those priceless moments!

Anonymous said...

I love to hear Lydia talk and see her expressions. It's kind of like learning a foreign language. The more you're exposed the more you understand.
Grandmommy

Brady Blog said...

i love how you journal everything-such a way with words! I wish I had started blogging earler too..will miss having all this for Taylor-oh well-a scrapbook will have to work. This pic is too cute...way to go Lydia. We can't wait to hear our kid's voices,too.