Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Luckiest Toys


Things change after you become a parent. Drastically. Everything from how you behave to who you choose to surround youself with because you know that in the end, everything you do somehow affects your child. Another thing that changes is the way you view the world. Not until I was a parent did I watch the movie "Toy Story". But after having watched the movie, I sometimes look at the toys as though they too have feelings. And last night after walking in to my boys' room and seeing this sight I immediately thought how lucky these toys were to have been chosen above all the other toys to receive such grand treatment. Not only did they receive a personal bedtime story, but they were hand-picked by one of the most special people in my life. And in my opinion, that makes these two toys the luckiest toys in the box!
To my sweet, sweet Bryan: You are truly a joy, my son--and cute as can be. I love you more than I can even express...from here to the stars!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Next time Bryan spends the night he will have to read the story to us. We love you, Bryan.
Grandpa & Grandmommy

The Stewarts said...

What a sweet sight. It's a good thing that your son went Andy's way, not Sid's. It would be scarey to see him playing with dolls that had dinosaurs’heads.

Yes, I have to watch Toy Story at least 10 times a week. Scarey that I know all the lines:) That's what moms are for though.

Eva Nichole said...

AAWW that is one of the sweetest things I have ever seen. I always wondered if our toys came to life after we leave the room.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Brady Blog said...

Hey there Bryan, Taylor has that same toy at his Gram's house-he loves to see the nose light up..so neat to see they enjoy story-time,too. Good Reading..proud of you! I'll have to tell Taylor he can read to them next time he plays with it!

Hey Lindsay..thanks for visiting our blog today and enjoying Taylor's dance moves. We actually have never seen anything like it-his lil feet move so quick.

shanda said...

Lucky toys! Maybe next time he'll ask Mommy to sit and listen to a story too! How thoughtful of Bryan....must of been a really good book for him to share.