Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Now I Know!

I don't carry a purse. I have never really carried a purse. My daughter? She carries a purse. Everywhere. So today, I thought it might be fun to have my 2-year-old daughter teach me a thing or two about what a lady carries in a purse. (If I have any guy readers, you might find this interesting too.) So, here is what I learned...in pictures, no less. Enjoy!
Lydia, can you show me what is so important that a lady must tote it around with her everywhere she goes?

Sure, Mommy. First, no purse is complete without a matching set of condiments. You see, you never know when you might come across a hamburger that needs a little mustard and ketchup.

Then you have to think about what might happen if you are at a cook out and the chef forgot to get buns. That's why I always carry an extra hot dog bun in my purse!

And just to be on the safe side, I like to carry a fork in my purse. But not all girls are as prepared as I am. Some don't carry a fork. But that's up to you.

And if there's extra room, I like to carry a Sonic tater-tot toy for those boring car rides. But as you can see, with all the necessities, sometimes it's hard to fit in the fun stuff. So, pack smartly!

...And now I know! I guess a fork would be pretty rough to carry in your back pocket! :)

5 comments:

Brady Blog said...

This post is too cute-I love the picture of you and Lydia. I guess I have this to look forward to with Caroline..now I know,too!! Great writing by the way, you have such a way with words-easy to follow..now I know why you write some of David's papers!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like I've been carrying the wrong things around all these years and never knew it. If I took a lesson from Lydia, I would always be prepared when Bryan wants a snack (dinner). She will never have to worry about ID theft.
Grandmommy

Shanda said...

So girls are supposed to have everything but the kitchen sink in their purse...Lydia just happens to have everything that goes in the kitchen sink! What a wonderful picture of you with Lydia by the way.

The Stewarts said...

So mom where oh where is the spoon?? Can't carry a folk without a spoon to complete the set.

Eva Nichole said...

Wow I never thought about putting that stuff in my pruse, thanks for the lesson now I know...LOL!
That was very cute, thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva