Saturday, June 21, 2008

Natural Highs

Whew--let me catch my breath. You know how in life there are certain things that can give you natural highs--highs that give you the feeling that you can run a marathon without having to stop for a break, or highs that make you feel as though you have the inner strength to lift, oh say, a car? Well, I'm feeling that way right about now! I just checked the mail and right there in my mailbox--in the midst of all the bills and junk mail--was a beautifully sealed, perfectly crisp envelope with a beautiful unsmudged stamped emblem from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY. (You should see the envelope now. It looks much like the wrapping paper from my children's Christmas gifts after it has been carelessly ripped to shreds by the curious little fingers desperate to find out what is inside.) So, once I was able to tear off that stubborn envelope I found inside an approval letter from the Seminary explaining how they had accepted my application in to their Master of Arts in Biblical Counseling program! ACCEPTED! WooooHoooooooooo! I will start taking classes (on-line for now) in August and hope to complete this program within the next 3 years. Pray with me, if you will, through this journey as I expect many trials to come my way during this course of study. I promise to keep you updated periodically on the progress.

"O, Give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good; His mercy endureth forever."
~Psalms 107:1

2 comments:

Brady Blog said...

yeah Lindsay! I'm so proud of you..I know you can do this and will complete the program with no problem! Looking forward to you keeping us updated on your progress! Congrats on this accomplishment:)

thenoefour said...

Way to go Lindsay! I am so proud of you! When you say you are going to do something you do it (and you were impressed with Jeremy being that way)!I really just think you want to do this school thing forever, don't you? We wish you all the luck in the world as you get another degree under your belt!