Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Some may or may not know that David is back on the evening shift at work. This leaves me with all the kids by myself from the time I get home from work until I finish my late night rendezvous with blogger. Tonight was my first night coming home from work and having them all and man-oh-man was I a multi-tasking machine. So the brief rundown of the night went like this:
- 4:30 - left work
- 5:00 - picked up Dylan from his daycare.
- 5:10 - Swing by the house to get Dylan changed for taekwondo/practice his patterns before class.
- 5:30 - Took Dylan to taekwondo.
- 5:45 - Left Dylan and went to pick up the other 3 kids from their daycare.
- 6:00-6:25 - Sat in the car outside of taekwondo waiting for Dylan to finish and come out, all the while listening to: Lydia scream because there was a bug outside her window flying around, Bryan asking the same question about 20 times "When are we gonna eat dinner" and Elysa crying/begging to get out of her car seat.
- 6:25 - Dylan emerges from the Taekwondo class along with radiant beams of light as all the others begin to cheer because we can now get away from the bug/eat dinner/peel ourselves out of our seats.
- 6:45 - start dinner and simultaneously clean the patio of shattered glass (Have I mentioned lately how BIG Mesa is getting...)
- 7:00 - dinner is served. (Thank you SeaPak for frozen fish favorites!)
- 7:15 - Laundry is shuffled around/started in washer, dryer, couch, etc.
7:30 - Deeeeep breath as I realize they ALL need baths. It's time to sssslllloooowww down and take a mathmatical approach to this daunting task: 4 of them (kids) + 2 of those (bathtubs) / 1 of me (mommy) =
- 8:00 - Everyone's in bed, kitchen's cleaned, laundry is shuffled around again as I start another load, bottles are washing, and I, my good friends, am blogging to my little heart's content. I did it! One day down, indefinite more days to go...
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Ok, That didn't work as well as I had hoped. Some pictures just need some explaining. Let's try another one:
Um, yeah. You know what...let's just scrap the Wordless Wednesday plan. It was good in theory but I just dont think it will work with this family! :) Have a great Wednesday!
Relocated said tree:
And converted this:
Into something like this:
Okay, okay...so it really looks like this:So, that sums up my day. Next time I take a day off from work, I think I'll dig a swimming pool...
Monday, July 28, 2008
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Saturday, July 26, 2008
I think he still has a little 'crush'. Notice he is right beside this cutie wherever she goes. :)
What a great picture of all these amazing kiddos! I just love 'em all!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
This one is my favorite. Man, I love those boys!
Grandmama and the boys:
Is this one happy baby or what???
Monday, July 21, 2008
So here's part 2 of 4. I know you haave all been on pins and needles, anxiously waiting for me to post 25 more useless trivia facts about myself. Well, wait no longer...
- One movie that I could watch over and over again without it getting old is Along Came Polly. What a funny movie. It makes me 'happy as a hippo"!
- My very first job was as a hostess at China Royal. I started on my 16th birthday.
- When I was 18 I was hired as a substitute teacher for Shelby County Schools. It was a really fun job--especially when I subbed at the high schools.
- I have bungee jumped once. ONLY once. :)
- I have a couple of tattoos. One is a tattoo of 2 dolphins around my belly button. (I was not thinking about having 4 kids when I got them...you might imagine what they look like now!)
- When I was in high school, I think I ate a box of Macaroni and Cheese every morning for breakfast. Seriously.
- My favorite holiday is probably Thanksgiving. Great food, time with family, etc.
- I totally dislike shopping! My husband on the other hand--could spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars if given the opportunity.
- Since I have 'published' my first 25 things, some of my closest friends have emailed or commented regarding other things that give me a weak stomach. Some I am too ashamed to say. But I do have a VERY weak stomach, however, that seems to be getting better since I have had the kids. (Thanks guys, you know who you are.)
- One of my favorite smells is Pampers brand diapers. Does anyone else notice that that brand has a specific smell to them. The smell reminds me of when my babies were new newborns. Every time I am in the grocery store I make a trip down the baby aisle even if I don't need anything--just to smell the diapers. (Let's not tell anyone I do that. It'll be our little secret. Don't want anyone thinking I'm wierd or anything.)
- Since they dont make candles in "Pamper" scent, I also like Vanilla for any 'scented' items. Candles, potpourri, air fresheners, etc.
- I sucked my thumb until 4th grade...then I got braces.
- I was blessed enough to grow up knowing my grandparents on both sides of my family, AND my great grandparents on both sides of my family. Hopefully this means that I'll be around for a while...
- I was a HUGE Oakland Athletics fan when I was growing up. Don't really know why. Yellow and green just looked good together. Not to mention that they had handsome Jose Canseco on their team! :)
- I care. About everything. About too much sometimes. And I am a worrier. It's in my blood. I worry that I offended so-and-so by not speaking and then Ill speak and worry that I said something that offended them. Worry, worry, worry.
- I have just recently been wearing prescription glasses. I now need them to function. I can see you without my glasses, but until you speak, I won't know who you are.
- I have a very bad habit of biting my fingernails. My parents lost this battle. They tried and tried to help me stop when I was growing up. At least I quit sucking my thumb, right mom?
- I have a minor in English. I can't stand English. It is SO incredibly boring. I just happened to take enough Literature courses to have the minor added to the transcript. Why not?
- I have never been to Graceland and I have lived in Memphis my entire life. If you have already been to Graceland and you'd like to see a different home with a jungle room, you can tour our home. With 4 kids, every room is a jungle room. PLUS, I'll even give you a discount on admission!
- I am never on time for anything. Ever. They expect me to show up a half hour late to work on a daily basis. I don't know why I can never make it on time anywhere. Even when I was single--late. My motto for work is "If you show up on time once, they'll expect it every time."
22. I just skipped # 21 on purpose. Man this stuff gets harder and harder.
23. The most recent book I read was called Save Me from Myself. It was written by Brian Welsh, the former lead guitarist for the band Korn about his conversion to Christianity. My brother reccommended it to me. It was a great book. Very interesting!
24. Now that I have children, I find myself watching a lot of shows that they watch--and liking them. iCarly is one of my new favorites. It's hilarious. I'll even watch it by myself if it is on and the kids are in bed. Waaaaaaayyy better than Hannah Montana! :)
25. I'd rather drive than fly when we take family vacations. I enjoy the drive with my family about as much as the vacation itself.
Whew! I don't know how much more of this I can do. It might be a while before I start on Part 3. And I'll keep in mind that I owe you one (since I skipped #21.) Anyhow, there it is--part 2 of 4!
Sunday, July 20, 2008
"Daddy, you look so pretty!"
To my wonderful husband...Please don't get too mad about me posting these pictures! Love you! :)
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Dylan has started swimming at school--without floaties! He even got a little sun. However, he is just like me--this color has already faded and he is ready for another round of sun. We NEVER tan! :)
Bryan has started using the computer and is doing quite well following instructions on the educational games he has been playing. (Great games on nickjr.com if any one is interested.) Doesn't he look so tiny sitting next to the computer/desk! :)
And Lydia has been wearing 'big girl' panties to school this week. She averages about 1 accident a day and they say she is doing really well! :)
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
- If I could live any place in the world I'd probably choose some place in Canada.
- I really dislike cold weather. (How contradicting was that?!)
- I love my eye color--it is a very very dark brown.
- My favorite Bible verse is probably Galatians 2:20.
- I have seen more in my 7 years at my job than most people see in their entire life.
- One TV show that I really miss is Third Rock from the Sun.
- I rarely ever wear my own clothes. Most are my husbands--some I have just found along the way.
- My favorite color is brown.
- All of my children's names have 5 letters with a 'y' in the middle. By choice. (Wierd huh?)
- All of my children were born on the 28th or 29th day of a month that is divisible by 3. By choice. (Okay, so I'm kidding on that one. That really would be wierd!)
- I am a huge fan of most music that was recorded during the 60's. Went with my parents to a CCR concert less than a year ago. It was GREAT! Lead singer sounded just like Fogerty.
- I am intrigued by the Civil Rights Movement. Could take history class after history class chocked full of information regarding the era.
- I have a B.A. in Sociology. It took me 10 YEARS to get that, but I did it!
- My first car was a Buick Skylark. What a beauty...huh! :)
- I could play volleyball non-stop if I did not have other obligations. But since I do, I play any chance I get. (Actually just got done playing tonight. We won. Undefeated so far this season! Not that that really matters. I know I'm a has-been, but it's still fun.)
- I have come to the realization that most people do not get my sense of humor. I am out there on my own on this one. (Very dry & very random)
- My favorite thing about my job is the adrenaline rushes you get scattered here and there throughout an otherwise redundant job. (car chases, foot pursuits, blue lights and siren to hold up alarms, and so on).
- The absolute grossest thing in the world to me is a string. Ugh! Just the thought of them makes me sick. If I see a string on the floor or a shirt and David is nowhere around to get it for me, I'll get a papertowel and grab it to throw it away. Strings--Ugh! UGH!
- When I started college in '97 I majored in Spanish. I wanted to teach high school Spanish. Whe nI finally got my act together and went back to school in '05, I had only 3 Spanish classes left to finish the degree, but I could not remember any of the Spanish.
- When I was in high school I wantd to be a professional beach volleyball player. I didn't quite make it. :)
- One of my favorite things to hear my kids say is "thank you". They don't have to thank me, but the fact that they do really melts my heart.
- My husband and I have always worked together. Most people say 'I don't think I could do that.' but I couldn't imagine not working with him. I can see him any time I want.
- I am a very shy person. Really. I hide behind that very warped sense of humor that I mentioned earlier, but deep down, I'm incredibly shy.
- I think the hardest job in the world is being a stay at home mom. I mean that. I use my work as an excuse not to keep the house clean and cook. I think on Mother's day, klove averaged out a salary for a stay at home mom to be somewhere around 1.something million just based on the salary for all the jobs that they do: Chef, housekeeper, launderer, child care provider, telephone answering service, doctor, exterminator, and on and on. I think they'd fire me! :)
- If you have a stat meter on your blog, I'm the one that makes it jump about 10 numbers a day. Blogging is my vice. I admit, I'm addicted.
So there you have it--part 1 of 4. (Aren't you glad I did not subject you to any more of this useless information in one sitting?) I'll add more later. But for now, I'll give it a rest. Hope you are still awake. :) See--dry humor coming out again! Pray that something exciting happens tomorrow so I can post about my babies again--they really are the stars of this blog!
Until then, take care and God bless!
Monday, July 14, 2008
Friday, July 11, 2008
I hope each of you will continue to visit our new blog which is linked on the sidebar to the right. However, in order to gain access, you will need to enter your email and password. So, if you would send us an email at email@example.com we can set you up to get right in. (We will not need your password--it is usually the same password that you use to access your email account.)
This, my friends, is where the end (of this blog) meets the beginning (of the new blog, of course!) We look forward to seeing you there!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Monday, July 7, 2008
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Hey, Mesa! That's my toy!
What's for dinner?
I'll just try some of daddy's food...or not! :)
Lydia, do you see what I see?Elysa, sweet heart, you are such a joy! I am so excited to see you getting more and more involved in family times. I can't wait to see that beautiful personality blossom even more! I love you, too, from here to the stars!!! ~Mommy
Today we had all of our (in-town) family over to celebrate Bryan and Lydia's birthdays. Everything went very well and the kids seemed to really have a good time. After nearly two weeks of birthday bashes, we have finally concluded our bashing series. Here are some pictures from the 'final bash.'