Monday, July 21, 2008

100 things - Part 2 of 4

So here's part 2 of 4. I know you haave all been on pins and needles, anxiously waiting for me to post 25 more useless trivia facts about myself. Well, wait no longer...



  1. One movie that I could watch over and over again without it getting old is Along Came Polly. What a funny movie. It makes me 'happy as a hippo"!

  2. My very first job was as a hostess at China Royal. I started on my 16th birthday.

  3. When I was 18 I was hired as a substitute teacher for Shelby County Schools. It was a really fun job--especially when I subbed at the high schools.

  4. I have bungee jumped once. ONLY once. :)

  5. I have a couple of tattoos. One is a tattoo of 2 dolphins around my belly button. (I was not thinking about having 4 kids when I got them...you might imagine what they look like now!)

  6. When I was in high school, I think I ate a box of Macaroni and Cheese every morning for breakfast. Seriously.

  7. My favorite holiday is probably Thanksgiving. Great food, time with family, etc.

  8. I totally dislike shopping! My husband on the other hand--could spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars if given the opportunity.
  9. Since I have 'published' my first 25 things, some of my closest friends have emailed or commented regarding other things that give me a weak stomach. Some I am too ashamed to say. But I do have a VERY weak stomach, however, that seems to be getting better since I have had the kids. (Thanks guys, you know who you are.)
  10. One of my favorite smells is Pampers brand diapers. Does anyone else notice that that brand has a specific smell to them. The smell reminds me of when my babies were new newborns. Every time I am in the grocery store I make a trip down the baby aisle even if I don't need anything--just to smell the diapers. (Let's not tell anyone I do that. It'll be our little secret. Don't want anyone thinking I'm wierd or anything.)

  11. Since they dont make candles in "Pamper" scent, I also like Vanilla for any 'scented' items. Candles, potpourri, air fresheners, etc.

  12. I sucked my thumb until 4th grade...then I got braces.

  13. I was blessed enough to grow up knowing my grandparents on both sides of my family, AND my great grandparents on both sides of my family. Hopefully this means that I'll be around for a while...

  14. I was a HUGE Oakland Athletics fan when I was growing up. Don't really know why. Yellow and green just looked good together. Not to mention that they had handsome Jose Canseco on their team! :)
  15. I care. About everything. About too much sometimes. And I am a worrier. It's in my blood. I worry that I offended so-and-so by not speaking and then Ill speak and worry that I said something that offended them. Worry, worry, worry.
  16. I have just recently been wearing prescription glasses. I now need them to function. I can see you without my glasses, but until you speak, I won't know who you are.
  17. I have a very bad habit of biting my fingernails. My parents lost this battle. They tried and tried to help me stop when I was growing up. At least I quit sucking my thumb, right mom?
  18. I have a minor in English. I can't stand English. It is SO incredibly boring. I just happened to take enough Literature courses to have the minor added to the transcript. Why not?

  19. I have never been to Graceland and I have lived in Memphis my entire life. If you have already been to Graceland and you'd like to see a different home with a jungle room, you can tour our home. With 4 kids, every room is a jungle room. PLUS, I'll even give you a discount on admission!

  20. I am never on time for anything. Ever. They expect me to show up a half hour late to work on a daily basis. I don't know why I can never make it on time anywhere. Even when I was single--late. My motto for work is "If you show up on time once, they'll expect it every time."

22. I just skipped # 21 on purpose. Man this stuff gets harder and harder.

23. The most recent book I read was called Save Me from Myself. It was written by Brian Welsh, the former lead guitarist for the band Korn about his conversion to Christianity. My brother reccommended it to me. It was a great book. Very interesting!

24. Now that I have children, I find myself watching a lot of shows that they watch--and liking them. iCarly is one of my new favorites. It's hilarious. I'll even watch it by myself if it is on and the kids are in bed. Waaaaaaayyy better than Hannah Montana! :)

25. I'd rather drive than fly when we take family vacations. I enjoy the drive with my family about as much as the vacation itself.


Whew! I don't know how much more of this I can do. It might be a while before I start on Part 3. And I'll keep in mind that I owe you one (since I skipped #21.) Anyhow, there it is--part 2 of 4!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can honestly say that there were very few of these I didn't know. I'm not surprised that you enjoy watching children's shows (24). I've caught myself singing Veggie Tales. I am a little concerned about the Pamper smelling (10). Now I can say I told you so...Those dolphins would look like whales when you got older.
Love you.
Mom

I wanna be like you said...

You know what I love...these blogs! I really like reading things about you...I feel so much closer to you now. HA You are such an interesting person, really. I would like to comment on almost all of these but I'll save it til we are face to face!

Eva Nichole said...

I loved reading about your life, my 1st job was also a hostess at a resturant. I was 15 when I started.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva