Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July

(Before watching this video clip, please click on the pause botton on the purple box to the right of the posts in order to stop the music so that you can hear the video clip. Thanks!)

Happy 4th of July to all! On this 4th of July, I have pondered many things regarding the holiday and what it really means. I realize that I honestly take for granted the freedom that I have and that I truly will never have any idea what the men and women that have fought and are currently fighting for my freedom have endured physically and mentally for that freedom. A simple "Thank you " is not adequte to express how much they are appreciated. Tonight while I was sitting on the back of my pickup truck with my husband at my side, my children sitting on the tailgate and our neighbors chatting as they passed, my mind travelled overseas and I could imagine how the troops are spending this evening and how their families and children are spending the evening apart from them. I am including in this post a commercial made by Anheuser-Bucsh. I am not by any means advocating or advertising their product, but I do have to commend them on a very-well written commercial. I hope that you can appreciate the commercial for what it is. And to any troops or families that may be reading...Thanks a MILLION--you guys are the best! God bless!

Best Commercial EVER:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Independence Day to the Godsey family from the Jenkins!!! We are thankful to have you as a part of our lives and of course the freedom to have you as our friends. It was a sweet commerical and makes you proud and sad at the same time.

Amanda

Shanda said...

I have a hard time watching this commercial; just thinking about all those that serve for people they don't even know, as well as others that don't even appreciate it. Thanks for reminding us what the 4th is truly about.

The Stewarts said...

Mike and I saw the commercial last week and after it was over we both looked at each other with tears in our eyes. I thought we were strange for having that moment and chalked it up to having a soft spot for our military because Mike was in it. But it feels good that it touched others also. Thank you for being just as proud of out military as our family is.