Sunday, July 27, 2008

Move Over Galileo--Here Comes Bryan!

This weekend, Bryan has amazed us with his knowledge of the planets. Would you know that he can look at them on the computer and point out each one and name it? I know I'm impressed. Tonight, while I was quizzing him on the different planets, the following conversation unfolded:

Mommy: Bryan, which one is the smallest planet?

Bryan: Pluto. But he's not a planet anymore?

Mommy: Oh?

Bryan: That's what Ms. Sara says. He used to be a planet, but now he's a dog...in outer space.

How about that. You learn something new everyday! (Especially with a 4-year-old.)

3 comments:

can't wait for my kids to say the darndest things! said...

Wow, there are dogs in outer space...I didn't know that. Thanks Bryan, I am so impressed!

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

Wow! I've had a lot of good reading and picture updating to do since we've been gone. I may have been able to semi-keep up with our blog, but I'm waaay behind on reading blogs!

The science teacher is so proud of Bryan, that is awesome. I have some third graders who have trouble saying their planets. Seriously!

Yay for science! :)

Leah

Kim said...

I like that idea...dogs in outer space. I have a couple that I could send as friends for Pluto on some days. Most days I really love them.

Great blog!