Wednesday, July 30, 2008

That's How I Roll!

Some may or may not know that David is back on the evening shift at work. This leaves me with all the kids by myself from the time I get home from work until I finish my late night rendezvous with blogger. Tonight was my first night coming home from work and having them all and man-oh-man was I a multi-tasking machine. So the brief rundown of the night went like this:

  • 4:30 - left work

  • 5:00 - picked up Dylan from his daycare.

  • 5:10 - Swing by the house to get Dylan changed for taekwondo/practice his patterns before class.

  • 5:30 - Took Dylan to taekwondo.

  • 5:45 - Left Dylan and went to pick up the other 3 kids from their daycare.

  • 6:00-6:25 - Sat in the car outside of taekwondo waiting for Dylan to finish and come out, all the while listening to: Lydia scream because there was a bug outside her window flying around, Bryan asking the same question about 20 times "When are we gonna eat dinner" and Elysa crying/begging to get out of her car seat.

  • 6:25 - Dylan emerges from the Taekwondo class along with radiant beams of light as all the others begin to cheer because we can now get away from the bug/eat dinner/peel ourselves out of our seats.

  • 6:45 - start dinner and simultaneously clean the patio of shattered glass (Have I mentioned lately how BIG Mesa is getting...)

  • 7:00 - dinner is served. (Thank you SeaPak for frozen fish favorites!)

  • 7:15 - Laundry is shuffled around/started in washer, dryer, couch, etc.

  • 7:30 - Deeeeep breath as I realize they ALL need baths. It's time to sssslllloooowww down and take a mathmatical approach to this daunting task: 4 of them (kids) + 2 of those (bathtubs) / 1 of me (mommy) =

this:


and this:

  • 8:00 - Everyone's in bed, kitchen's cleaned, laundry is shuffled around again as I start another load, bottles are washing, and I, my good friends, am blogging to my little heart's content. I did it! One day down, indefinite more days to go...

8 comments:

Mom said...

I'm glad through it all you're still blogging. This is much better than the morning paper (It's always on time & you don't have to go outside to pick it up). Love the bathtub pics. Remember, if you need an extra hand, I'm nearby. You're doing a great job.

The Stewarts said...

You should submit this to websters so when someone looks up mommy the definition is as follows:

Way to go mom!!!

Becky Lollar said...

That's great!! You go--I only have 2 and can't imagine 4! I missed you at bible study tonight--and our long talks. Brent couldn't believe it when I actually made it to choir!

GodseySix said...

Yeah, I missed the weekly chat, too. We'll have to make up for it sometime. I'm sure that when Brent saw you in choir, he knew right away that I must not have been there! :)

Roller of only 2 said...

You are rolling good too, that's very impressive! You won the SUPERMOM award.

tryin to help a sister out said...

I think I may know someone in the glass business that Table can pay tp get the glass replaced....

Anonymous said...

I loved the bathtub pictures, they were priceless. I don't see how you get it all done, how are you going to work in school and soccer?
Love
Grandmama

Eva Nichole said...

WOW!!! I am tired just reading that!! LOL!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva