Sunday, July 6, 2008

We did it!

And it wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated it to be. Today I took Lydia to get her ears pierced. It's something David and I have been up in the air about for over a year now, and today I decided to just take her and get it done. (Her Uncle T got her some clip on earrings for her birthday that she just loves, so we thought we might as well take her to get the real things.) She did so well. She did cry, but I would say that it was for less than ten seconds or so. And when she stopped crying, she wanted to "shop" as she went from kiosk to kiosk grabbing items in the store. Believe it or not, I have pictures (haha)!

The before picture (sun was in her eyes):
The after picture--still in the chair. "Look mom: No Tears!"
Just being pretty...(for some reason she looks a little puffy in this picture like she was crying or something, but she was actually laughing--not crying.)
Check out her new "purse". She really earned this one!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Remember what goes around, comes around. I tried to make you "girly" also (curls, pierced ears, dresses) but you were still the one of the toughest softball/volleyball players around. Lydia looks just too cute with her ears pierced!

Kaylie and Elon's Mommy said...

YAY!! Now you don't have to ask everyone where they went to get their kids' ears pierced. :) Way to go Lydia! She looks darling!