Monday, August 4, 2008

House Seeks New, Smaller Family

As of today, we have officially put our house "on the market". With the housing market in it's current state, we really are asking for a major upset, I know. But if our house could speak--and thank goodness it can't--it might complain that it has stretch marks around it's middle due to the rapid growth of the inhabitants within. It may also say that it needs a facelift, and that it does way more work than it should. Perhaps it might say that it is underappreciated and is worth way more than the current market assesses it's value to be. Or it might even say that now, since it is ten years older, people can just drive by without even turning a head to notice it's beauty. Hmmm...I'm starting to think the house may be female! I'm also starting to think that our house and I have quite a bit in common! :)

Oh, yeah...did I mention that the house might complain that there are not enough pictures taken of it (her). Just one more thing that I and the house have in common...

***Thank you Shanda for taking this oh-so-flattering picture of me. If it wasn't for this gem, I would not have had even one single picture of myself for the purposes of this post. You're great! ;)

9 comments:

The Stewarts said...

Godd luck girlfriend. Our old house has been on the market for 2 years now, nothing!!! I will pray for ya.

glad I could be of service said...

We wish you all the luck! I'm sure the house loves you guys though, at least it is never bored! You never know what could happen. You want unflattering....thank goodness you didn't put the photo of me doing the same thing...that was a whole lot worse!

Anonymous said...

You'll are taking on some project, moving won't be easy. I feel another carport sale is in the making.

Grandmama

Ashley Noe said...

Lindsay! Your blogs crack me up! I love reading what you have to say everyday! It's rather entertaining! =]

Call me if ya'll ever wanna get out and need a sitter! I miss the kiddos! <3

GodseySix said...

Hey Ashley! Glad you are enjoying the blog. Thanks for leaving a comment! I get so excited to see when people are coming to the site...

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

So are you guys moving out of the area completely or just staying around the area in a bigger house?

GodseySix said...

We are hoping to move a whopping 1 mile away! :) We love, Love, LOVE the area--we are just getting a little crowded in this 3BR/2BA home. Can't stray too far...I feel a Wii night coming soon. (Sorry to keep bringing it up. I just think that post was SOOO funny!)

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

If you get a Wii, you know I have to come to your house, too. Just so you know. I will play your children, and they will whip me because I'm old. But I'll still invite myself over. Be warned!

Eva Nichole said...

Good luck with the sale of the house. We sold ours last year and it was on the market for 2 weeks when we got an offer. I would love to take your house, it looks very nice and I would really love to get out of my in laws house or get them out which ever happens 1st.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva