Thursday, August 21, 2008

Huh? What? Another rambling post...

Tonight was going to be my first EVER time to see Bryan play soccer. Anyone who lives in Memphis probably can guess what the outcome was. Anyhow, to make my pictures worth showing, I'll subject you to my nail-biting story. :)

As we got to the soccer fields, Bryan and Dylan got out of the car, and the three of us headed towards Bryan's soccer field. I met his coach, introduced myself, got Bryan on the field & into the practice mode, found Dylan a couple of buddies that he could play with and I settled into a great spot on the sidelines, enjoying the fresh August air and cool breeze, when all of a sudden the bottom fell out. We were all drenched and, like a herd of wild elephants running from a tiny mouse, all the parents, kids, and coaches trampled past one another to get to their cars. In less than 15 minutes, soccer practice was over. Bryan was NOT happy.
But seeing as my parents had the girls, and Dylan is two very short days away from a taekwondo competition, I decided to hit the other side of Bartlett in order to get Dylan to a taekwondo practice that he would have otherwise missed. Bryan=still not happy. Dylan=happy!

***This next part has absolutely nothing to do with the story, which by-the-way is over. It ended about as abruptly as the soccer practice. :)

Tonight, I got these cute, cute pictures of the girls in (Lydia's) bed together--just giggling away. (I can't imagine the bond that they will have being sisters so close in age. I am eager to watch them develop and grow together over the years!)


Starting to look a little more alike...

***On a side note: Due to all of the practices, we missed a very special birthday party tonight. Bryan's buddy Sam celebrated his 4th birthday today. Happy Birthday, Sam!

3 comments:

Grandmommy said...

The girls were great last night. Of course, it helped that Grandpa was there. The boys looked just the opposite last night when you dropped the girls off. Dylan was upset & Bryan was happy. What a difference 30 minutes can make.

The Stewarts said...

Love the Dora bedding. I guess it is a requirement that once you turn 2 Dora is EVERYTHING to a little girl. Izzy is at that stage now, pray for me:-)

Documentry-er too said...

I love the pictures! You are such a great documentry-er! The girls look precious together; already looking mischievious though. Why can't all 4 of them just be happy all the time? It's not that hard, is it? HAHA