Thursday, August 7, 2008

It's the Little Things in Life...

My head is still spinning. We have had 2 more showings today and 1 second showing scheduled for tomorrow. So far, things have been in a whirlwind around here. Second showing--I'm guessing that means someone is really interested, no? I mean, when they came yesterday the great room was part tan/part white/part green/part wallpapered. But my agent says "there's a rear end for every bucket seat." (?) Strange, I know. Anyhow, I just finished (at 11:30 PM) painting the great room so that it is now all one color. Next, I will be patching up some wallpaper in the dining room. (Thank you Lydia for the wall art you made via tearing random pieces of wallpaper here and there.) :) Moving on, tonight I had to take the kids out for a drive while the house was shown (conveniently right at dinnertime, but who's complaining.) We decided to do Sonic for dinner and I actually really enjoyed it! I had all the kids and we were all in the truck...just sitting there...eating our Wacky Paks...taking about our day. Dylan wasn't hitting Bryan. Bryan wasn't stealing Lydia's food. Lydia ate her food on her own which allowed me to do the same & Elysa slept. No distractions, no TV, no phone calls, no visitors. Just me, the kids and our Wacky Paks. And I realize, once again, how blessed I really am! I hope you all had a wonderful day. Hopefully tomorrow brings good news regarding the house. :)

4 comments:

grandmommy said...

You may have to try that Sonic thing again just because it went so well. Maybe you could take the dogs next time.

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

I live at that Sonic. That, and we can walk to Sonic from our house. So between the Sonic on the way to church and the Sonic as I drive into my 'hood...

I've been three times this week for drinks. I enjoy a wacky pack every so often, myself!

Love those little things said...

That is so neat that you had family time in the truck, how fun! I guess you have to make it wherever you can sometimes. How many times did you drive by your house while it was being shown just to see?

The Stewarts said...

Well, congrats on the house. I am praying for you. If is sells soon you need to give me your agents info!!!:-)