Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Oh, what a Blessing!

Ladies, gentlemen, fellow blogger-anian-ites! Let me just say this: Oh, what a blessing was my drive to work today. I don't often use this blog to advertise or promote this-n-thats, but I can hardly keep this joy to myself. This morning K-LOVE's morning show hosted Bart Millard from the Christian pop band "Mercy Me". He was talking about his new album Hymned Again which has just been released in stores today. And lucky, lucky me--I was listening this morning and they played several songs from the album on the radio and oh! the joy in my soul. As you can probably deduct from the title, all of the songs are old hymns that have been redone, however, they have not lost their 'classic' sound. Many reminded me of my great-grandmother and some reminded me of being in church as a little girl with my parents. So on Friday, when I get paid believe you, me: My first purchase with my hard earned money will be this album!

4 comments:

How Great Thou Art lover said...

Oh how fun, it is a blessing when you hear such memories! I love the old ones too. Maybe we could blast it out in the mommy van.....HA

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

I'm intrigued...I might have to make a run to LIfeway on payday Friday myself :)

a wandering heart said...

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! I was wondering who the other Memphians were popping up on my little widget in the sidebar. :)

That cd sounds wonderful. I've also heard that Jill Phillips has a good hymns cd. Selah's is one of my favorite hymn compilations.

Brady Blog said...

Sorry I've not posted in a while..your blog looks great and I love the new picture of the kids on their bellies! Enjoy your new CD! See ya soon!