Sunday, August 31, 2008

Welcome Home

Friday, as I pulled into the drive from work I was greeted by this:





How neat is that? And the best part: it was an asking price offer! So, we still have a few hurdles to get across before the deal goes through--namely, the appraisal. (Tough market means tough appraisals.) But anyhow, that wraps up the {brief} chapter of the house being for sale. And, perhaps due to my job, I am a very statistically driven person. Here are a couple of stats that you might find interesting:
  • Our agent, Nikki B, listed our last home (in a subdivision with about 17 other homes for sale at the same time) in July 2004. We got an offer about 3 weeks later and we closed on Sept 24, 2004. (Less than a 2 month relationship with our agent.)
  • This time our same agent, Nikki B, listed our home (terrible market for sellers and 2 other homes in our neighborhood for sale--both listed with lower prices) and sold it in less than 2 weeks. If it is the Lord's will, we will close on Sept 26, 2008. (Less than 1 month relationship with our agent.)

Now, that's good stuff!

Hope everyone has a great week! Be safe, take care, & God bless!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first comment to say congratulations on selling your home and buying another. Things really are moving fast but I know the GodseySix can keep up the pace.
Love
Grandmama

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I sent you an email with stuff I wouldn't really say on the blog. But congrats!! :) I know you are soo, soo happy!

Kaylie and Elon's mommy said...

Congrats honey! I am so happy for you and your family. Good luck with the move and everything that goes with that! Don't forget, Jeremy has 2 trucks and a trailer plus he really likes to haul stuff. :)

Brady Blog said...

That was quick..Congrats and I hope the next few steps are smooth ones.

Katina Whitworth said...

Congratulations Godseys! That's awesome that it sold so fast! Where is your new house?! Lots of prayers to you for your move with 4 children! :)

Miss N Cedie said...

Congrats!! We may need to get her number! We hope to put our house up for sale this spring.