Thursday, October 16, 2008

My 2 cents worth...

On the upcoming election, first let me say: wake up people! You should be scared to death! It appears from all relevant sources that we might have a winner already in this race for the White House. And the politics of this candidate don't look good for this country!

In case you have been living under a rock somewhere, Joe the Plumber addressed Obama one-on-one about his new tax plan for the country and asked what would happen to him if he was to buy out the plumbing company that he has been working for for x number of years. Obama's response: something soft and cushy to win Joe's vote, followed by "but if we spread the wealth it would be better for everybody."

SPREAD THE WEALTH Should I repeat that for you? He said SPREAD THE WEALTH ! Do you know what that means? You work your tail end off save up enough money to BUY the business that you have worked for your entire career and I (being much wiser than you and understanding what my newly-elected president has promised) sit by idly doing nothing all day and get my 'spread' of your wealth! The cycle will eventually lead to...gasp...dare I say it...a CLASSLESS society. Sound familiar to anyone?

Allow me, if you will, to quote a brief portion of Carl Marx's Communist Manifesto.

"When, in the course of development, class distinctions have
disappeared, and all production has been concentrated in the hands of a vast
association of the whole nation,
the public power will lose its
political character
.
Political power, properly so called, is merely
the organised power of one class for oppressing another
. If the
proletariat during its contest with the bourgeoisie is compelled, by the
force of circumstances, to organise itself as a class, if,
by means of a
revolution
, it makes itself the ruling class, and, as such, sweeps away
by force the old conditions of production, then it will, along with these
conditions, have swept away the conditions for the existence of class
antagonisms and of classes generally, and will thereby have abolished its
own supremacy as a class."

For too long in this society, we have celebrated mediocracy and tolerated sheer laziness, but now we are an the verge of promoting it! Why work hard if Joe the Plumber is going to share his wealth with me?

This is only one example of many that can easily be picked out from this candidate's rhetoric. Many more communistic philosophies are freeflowing from his debate responses and his politics. Unless you are up for a new, communist America you have no choice but to get those cheeks out of the seat and VOTE. And then, after you vote, PRAY! We must keep the American dream alive, and last time I checked, communism and mediocracy was not 'the dream'.

...and to think: I haven't even begun to touch on the moral philosophies of the Senator from Illinois, but might I remind you that he is very pro-choice! Who will speak for the unborn babies? Help me, will you???

***NOTE: This is only my opinion. While I would LOVE to hear from you, please know that I am NOT asking you to disclose who you are voting for. Having said that...comment away--I'm eager to see if I'm the only one who sees things this way...

If this is something you'd rather not comment on, I can totally understand. Just scroll on down to the next post and tell me just how cute those babies are! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can think of is the verses in 2Timothy Chp 4:3-4, "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables." This verse comes to my mind during every news show that reports on the election. We are truly living during some scary times especially with everyone praising this Obama who represents everything that our forefathers were against. All we can do is get down on our knees and pray that God will have mercy upon our country and give us a leader who will try to keep America as close to what it is supposed to be and especially someone who will stand up and say "Yes, abortion, homosexuality, etc. is wrong and we will not pass special bills that will enable you to continue with this."
Amanda

Mom said...

I think you have gone into the wrong field. You should definitely be in politics.

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

What bothers me about all this mess with the economy and the buying banks and bailing peeps out...

If we start, won't the world start? If the world starts following, isn't that closer to one economy? If we get closer to one economy, isn't that some stuff mentioned in the Bible? We're virtually cashless as it is going now.

I'm not one to say the sky is falling, the end times are here, run to your hiding place. I also know each group or generation thought they had their own version of the anti-Christ at their time (Nero, Castro, Hitler, Sadaam Hussein, just to know a few). I know lots of generations have thought there were "signs of the times." I'm not sure we aren't seeing fulfillment of prophecy? It may take another 2,000 years for the Lord to come back, but those 2,000 years are like a day to the Lord.

It is quite scary, and I don't agree with anything going on right now. I think that I worked hard to get a normal mortgage, why should I bail out those who didn't? We're living in a small house because that is what fit our budget, our needs, and our dreams (of Chris going to school.) We were will to sacrifice THINGS for contentment and following God's plan for our lives. Sure, I would like a bigger house, but we didn't do that. Why should it be legal to let the builders profit off their land four years ago only to let the neighborhoods fall to pieces as people are evicted now?

It is all very frustrating, and I can get mad if I think too long about it. However, the way I can sleep at night is knowing God is in control. Sometimes he give the people what he wants (look at all the horrible kings in the Bible that the people wanted) sometimes to make a point. I'm not saying what I think is going to happen...ok, I am. I think Obama will win. But if he does win, I guess I have to hold onto God's promise to take care of us no matter the circumstance.

Is that enough of a comment for you? ?? :)

HELP US said...

Wow! Great points honey. My 2 cents: Obama hasn't served in the military...

Eva Nichole said...

Well I can see you and I are on the same page. I am so sick of the news media sticking their 2 cents in all the time and my in laws always watching CNN all day long and all I hear is Obama this and that and I am SICK OF IT!! I came from a McCain family and my in laws are for that other guy but lucky me my mother in law can not vote...LOL!
Anyway you have some great points and I agree you should be in politics.

Hugs,
Crystal and Eva