Saturday, November 22, 2008

...and all I got was this lousy blog entry

For the first time in my life, I had pictures made and left the store empty handed. With nothing. Not even 1 single solitary picture. It was awful. I have been looking forward to this picture session for a week now and left the store in tears. What happened you ask. Well, it was just a combination of many things, but ultimately Satan was out to get me today and as I reflect on a well-known Memphis-area speaker and what she might say I realize..."Satan robbed me of my joy!" Here is the only picture that turned out decent:

While I think this picture is okay, I have some problems with it. For one, it is on a white background. I specifically made it clear to the photoghrapher that I did not want a family portrait on a white background. She reassured me that she wanted to do one pose on the white background and after that we could choose whichever background we wanted. Thing is...it is very hard to keep the attention of 4 small children long enough to get many good shots after the first few. This was our first shot. None of the rest of them even came close enough to be considered for the 20x24 print I was wanting for our home. So after we decided to suck it up and take the shot with the white background, we were told that in order to have the pic mounted on canvas like we wanted, they would have to crop off Elysa's feet (something I could get over) and part of David's head. What?!

So here I type, five hours after the drama of getting the fam ready for pictures, empty handed and with nothing to show for the day except this blog entry...{sigh}... I need a nap! :)

7 comments:

Kaylie and Elon's Mommy said...

Poor thing! I am so sorry honey. I know how much these family pictures mean to you. I still think this one turned out well. Your kids are precious and I am amazed that they are all looking at the camera at the same time! WOW!

The Stewarts said...

Hey girl, I feel your pain. But maybe it will help that it wasn't you or your family. Sears has been going down hill for a while now. We went to take a fam pic of the "Stewart" side of the family last weekend at Sears in Jackson and I left crying too. Not one single one was good. They just don't understand that making families wait with childern for 45 min before taking the picture is going to make the kids very difficult to deal with.

The Stewarts said...

As this picture is great!!!! We took the kids for 9 mth/2 year shots to a place called Portrait Innovations in the new mall in Collierville. They were GREAT!!! A little more expensive but your pics are ready after an hour and they take over 200 pics per session, so something has to turn out well. If you have the heart to do it again, try to check this place out!!!

http://www.portraitinnovations.com/index.html

Grandmommy said...

I know you're disappointed because it's not what you wanted. However, I think it's a wonderful picture of everyone. I am a little biased.

Brady Blog said...

oh, i know how picture day can be stressful. I think it turned out great. where did you go?

Eva Nichole said...

Ok 1st of all I was an assistant manager at 2 photo studios before Eva was born and I have to say that is just poor photographer experiance. If I were you I would be emailing the corparate office and complaining about what happened that is just wrong and its things like that that make people never come back and their stores close down.
The feet being cropped I can see but his HEAD?? That is just crazy!!! Why the hell would ANYONE buy a picture with someones head cut off?
This post made me so mad, I want to open my own studio and make sure the customer always gets what they want. Your background choice should have come 1st and thats it.
I am not sure where you went but places like Sears, JcPennys and Picture People HAVE to do things a certian way or they can lose their jobs which I think is wrong. It should be customer comes 1st.
The pose you got is really cute tho. But if they are going to cut off his head then forget it. If I lived closer to you I would come over and take pictures for you.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Anonymous said...

I think the picture is great. I got mine Saturday and of course took it to church Sunday and game day Monday just in case I missed anyone. All my friends commented on what a lovely family, but I already knew that.
Love,
Grandmama