Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Go Ahead--Mistake my Kindness for Weakness!

When I was younger I admit I was probably guilty a time or two of using the "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness" phrase. In fact, I am probably guilty of using the phrase a time or two (or dozens of times at work). However, now that I am a mother, I, at times, find myself eating those words. OFTEN. Like tonight. Dylan's school hosted an art fair tonight in order to raise money for the school's PTA. The art on display was created by the little picassos themselves. And believe me, the price you paid for the drawing was nothing short of what you might expect to pay for a designer picasso piece itself.

But they get you...oh, they get you. You walk in and they start with the classy music they have playing in the background of the art exhibit that is being held in the room formerly known as the cafeteria. Then, they have ushers who walk you to the section where your child's picture is framed and MATTED. Then once you find their picture, they oooh and goo over how wonderful your child's picture is all the while you baby is standing right beside you beaming with pride over his wonderfully created masterpiece. Then he looks at you and says it. "Mommy, are you going to get it?" Man, they're good. Quicker than any other fundraiser I have ever been subjected to, I forked over the cash. And I am now the owner of the greatest piece of art that was on display tonight at the art fair.
I have found my true weakness...or weaknesses rather. (There are 4 of them and oddly enough they all kinda look like me.)

Anyhow, because I now own the greatest piece of art ever created, I will give you a sneak peek:

6 comments:

Love the Picasos said...

I LOVE it! How much did you pay for it? I bet I can outbid you! :)

Stephanie said...

oh - I would have TOTALLY have fallen for that! (Lucky for you - his art just happens to be really good! :-) )

grandmommy said...

I think it's great & I want one!

The Stewarts said...

It looks like it was worth the money. It looks really good, like it took a lot of time and effort into drawing it.

I'm thinking displaying over the fire place...right mom??!!:-0

Shonna Springer said...

Aww, thats so cute! I wish I had gone now.

Eva Nichole said...

What a wonderful peice of art and a great way for the school to make money thats for sure. I could handle that kind of fundraiser instead of asking people to buy wrapping paper or pizzas.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva