Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Self-Soothing Princess

Our sweet Elysa does the cutest thing. She self-soothes herself whenever she is really upset. How does she do this? Well, do you remember this picture from Halloween:
Well, that was E soothing herself by holding the napkin really close to her face and sucking her TONGUE. (?) She does that now with just about anything: t-shirts, blankets, socks, diapers. Clean diapers--just to clarify. This weekend I found her in the kitchen with a diaper and was able to capture the moment with these photos:
She was so happy, so I let her be. But after not hearing from her for about twenty minutes, I decided I had better check on her and found that she had soothed herself TO SLEEP with the diaper!

Wierd, I know...but she's just so stinkin' cute doing what she does! :)

4 comments:

grandmommy said...

Looks like Elysa needs a security blanket for Christmas or perhaps she's like her mother and just likes the smell of Pampers (clean ones, of course).

The Stewarts said...

Lindsay that is so flipping cute I just don't have any words for it!!!!

I want to self soothe myself to sleep too! said...

That is too adorable! Leave it up to Momma to take pictures of the whole thing. Elysa, I am so sorry baby but that is priceless!

Eva Nichole said...

That is so adorable!!

Crystal and Eva