Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Maybe I Just Expect Too Much

I apologize in advance for not having any pictures to go with this post. Personally I wish I did, because sometimes a picture truly is worth a thousand words.

So, check this out. Remember all my drama with the family portrait. You know: not wanting the white background and wanting my husbands head IN the picture and all that rigamarou. Well, today there was this:

On Saturday, I dropped my comforter off at the dry-cleaners. They told me it would be ready on Tuesday for pick-up. Today is Tuesday. So I went to pick it up. Since it was Tuesday and all. They have a drive thru at this cleaners which was the main reason I chose it. (With 4 small kids, I'll do business with any business that has a drive-thru.) Anyhow. So I drive up to the drive thru. Hand the man my ticket. You know, the one he gave me when I dropped my comforter off. He looked at it and asked me what color my comforter was. I said tan. He asked me to get out of my car and come inside. So I could go through all the buckets in the back that were filled with laundry and find my comforter! What?! So anyhow, a bit annoyed, I oblige. I unpack my kids from the car, herd them into the cleaners, huddle them through the door into the rear of the store and begin 'dumpster diving' for my comforter. I found it. But my duties did not end there. The manager asked me to hold the comforter up while he sprayed it with some 'fresh' scented febreeze or something before he instructed me on how to hold my end of the comforter so he could fold it for me. Yeah, I'm a bit hot at this point. So after we do the military fold on the comforter that was in the dumpster a moment ago but now smells so fresh and so clean, I round up the kids back into the car and pay the man with a check I had already made out before i got there. In return, he hands me a $5 from the cash register. I drive away. Again...What?! Just?! Happened?! I'm starting to think my standards are too high or something. Maybe I just expect too much....

...at least this time I got paid. What?!

6 comments:

mom said...

It's nice to know you have experience in the dry cleaning industry. It will be a good addition to your resume.

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

Why on earth would YOU have to fold YOUR own dry cleaning, bring in YOUR kids, and fish YOUR drycleaning out of the bin? Isn't that what THEY are paid to do?? What in the world is this? Later you will have to tell me which one it was so I won't go there. I won't call you out on the internet, though...

Becky Lollar said...

What on earth?! I don't know what to say--that's insane!

I pay others to do THEIR job said...

Well I think your mom said it best...just add it to the many things you can do. That is ABSOLUTELY insane....

JennyLu said...

um, why did you pay them? You could have disputed that, you know?

Eva Nichole said...

WHAT???? I am as lost as you are. Did they clean it or just febreeze it? Why do they give you a ticket if they do not have any order? I am so confused!!
Good luck figuring this one out.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva