Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Toast to Our Family!

I don't cook. Well, I cook a little more now than I used to, but compared to what my mom used to cook when I was younger, you can pretty much say I don't cook and consider the assumption to be mostly accurate. But on Monday morning, I decided to wake up and make cinnamon toast (see if I consider cinnamon toast cooking, then you know I don't cook) for my lovely family--cereal just sounded boring. So toast it was. (Hey, while I'm at it, I might mention that I made eggs and bacon on Sunday morning before church. What is wrong with me lately?) Anyhow, lots of toast...like half a loaf of bread in toast. David made fun of me because, hey, I took a picture of the toasty tower.
Anyhow, as I was pulling slice after slice after slice of toast out of the oven, my mushy side took over and I realized how totally cool it was that in order to make toast for my family, we would need at least a half a loaf of bread which means...I am so blessed! Oh, how I am blessed! Thank you Lord for these beautiful children and this wonderful husband you have given to me!

5 comments:

Blessings on you and yours said...

You are blessed Lindsay! And I think the wine in the background says it all too! hehe Seriously, I figure that will sit there for too long, you should give it to me.

GodseySix said...

You wouldn't want it Shanda...it's grape juice! Welch's at that! Pretty, but gross...

Grandmommy said...

I just want to know if it was all eaten.

Eva Nichole said...

You are just to cute!! But I love to make Cinnomon toast also, but I also cook a lot more then that but breakfest is not my big thing.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Stephanie said...

Blessed.... and clearly EMOTIONAL! Whoa - go have a sip of that wine. ;-) j/k