Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What do you think?

So Sears just called and said that they got the 20x24 of our family picture back, not on canvas, of course in order to keep David's head in the picture. But anyhow, I had them order one just so I could see what it looked like. (Only having to pay if I like it when I go in and see it.) Okay, so back to the story. The manager who I cried to on picture day, called and said that the pic came in and that David's head was not cut off and that it looked really good. She went on to say that the studio was looking for a really nice 20 x 24 family picture for display and wanted to know if I was okay with them ordering another one so they could put it up in the studio. Hmmm??? Is she trying to win me over on the picture or is she going overboard on how great it is to make me feel better...since I left in tears? What do you think? Should I say sure, fine or no? I'm just wondering if they want it in the studio so when they see us coming back (if we go back) all the associates will recognize us and snicker 'that's the lady'! Hmmmm..... But then again, this is the closest I'll ever come to having my picture on a huge billboard in Times Square...

6 comments:

Whitworth Family said...

I say go for it! I LOVE the picture...everyone is smiling, looking at the camera, etc. I would totally buy it. If your picture taking sessions are anything like ours, you may not have another opportunity for a while! :) BUY IT and let them order one for the studio! That's my vote! :)

Love the Godseys! said...

I think in order for them to use it in their studio they should pay for your 20 X 24. If you want to advertise, you have to pay advertising fees, therefore, they pay you to display their picturing taking abilities(or lack thereof, you pick). They probably just want to show off that they were able to get 4 kids to look at the camera and smile. That's my 2 cents. The lady probably does genuinely like the picture. Plus, anywhere you walk into, they all snicker :)

The Stewarts said...

Not worth helping that business when they don't do good work.

Eva Nichole said...

They would just order one from the company and hang it up. I use to work for Sears and you have to sign a release form for them to use it for if you do not sign it then they can not use it.
This is all up to you and she would never say that and hang a bad picture. I love the picture personally, you all look really nice. I also never thought his head would be cut off I think the person helping you had no clue and was most likely and season helper.
It is also a really cute pose and that is most likely why they want to use it. The store "pays" for each picture and I would ask them what they are going to do with the picture when they are done with it maybe she can give it to you. Yes then you will have 2 but hey it was free right!!
Let us know what you do.
Crystal and Eva

Becky Lollar said...

What Katina said!! Why not?! I LOVE the picture!!

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

I agree with Katina and Becky. I love the picture. I know you weren't thrilled, but I think it turned out really well. Plus, do they have photoshop? Chris can work wonders with changing background colors just in photoshop alone. I wonder if they could do that, and it would make you feel better about casperness you have a problem with?