Thursday, January 22, 2009

(Sigh) Part Deux

I only have one child that makes me do that regularly. I often refer to her shenanigans as the day's "Masterpiece-a-la-Lydia". We have had many of those lately, haven't we? Here's a recap so you will all be on the same page with me. Perhaps when the post is complete we can all have a collective, group sigh.

On my first day with Lydia my third child gave to me: "Mommy I have marker on my foot".
On my second day with Lydia my sweet girl gave to me: Smart gel on the floor, and "Mommy I have marker on my foot".
On the third day with Lydia that handful gave to me: Drawing in the school's book, smart gel on the floor, and "Mommy, I have marker on my foot"
On the fourth day with Lydia that munchkin gave to me: Tubeless papertowel rolls, drawing in the school's book, smart gel on the floor, and "Mommy I have marker on my foot"
On the fifth day with Lydia that cutie gave to me: Hiding in the closet, tubeless papertowel rolls, drawing in the school's book, smart gel on the floor, and "Mommy I have marker on my foot"
On the sixth day with Lydia I'm exhausted as can be: Lipstick from Nanny's purse, Hiding in the closet, tubeless papertowel rolls, drawing in the school's book, smart gel on the floor, and "Mommy I have marker on my foot"
On the seventh day with Lydia I was so late to work: My brush was in her oven, Lipstick from Nanny's purse, Hiding in the closet, tubeless papertowel rolls, drawing in the school's book, smart gel on the floor, and "Mommy I have marker on my foot"
On the eighth day with Lydia I nearly lost my mind: keys in the french fries, My brush was in her oven, Lipstick from Nanny's purse, Hiding in the closet, tubeless papertowel rolls, drawing in the school's book, smart gel on the floor, and "Mommy I have marker on my foot"
Okay, so I'm running out of time and I think you get the point, so fast forward a few days and my sweet girl gave to me: A brand new house that I now have to repaint:

So there you have it. And we can all have our group sigh in 3...2..1... {SIGH!}

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Maybe she was just hoping to help you decorate. Thus showing you how and where to paint your walls. I see that she is smiling, so I know that you were not too hard on her. Bravo to you my friend.

Eva Nichole said...

OMG!!! That is crazy and remind her even God rested on the 7th day!!
Good luck and I hope it gets better soon.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

I love your future Picasso! said...

OHH MY GOODNESS (imagine me with my mouth STILL WIDE open)! I don't even know what to say other than I ABSOLUTELY love her expressions and I can so see you in her! And no, evidently we are not the only ones that haven't matured :) I can't believe that she did that....I guess that just means you can use that wall as a kid art wall until you decide to sell the place. Just trying to be positive....

Stephanie said...

oh wow. wow. wow. wow. AND SHE'S SMILING!!!!!!!!
Soooo...pick your favorite:
1.) She's getting it all out of her system now, so she'll be a perfect angel when she's a teenager.
2.) She's asserting herself. Which is what we want, right?
3.) If this is the worst thing she ever does, then you're doing pretty well, no?
...and...the ultimate...
4.) Hey - at least she's CUTE!

Perhaps our next playdate should include paint brushes???

Grandmommy said...

Amazing! You can't help but love her.

The Stewarts said...

It's ok mom. It just gives you an ecuse to redecorate:-)

Anonymous said...

Looks like she surprises you daily. Lindsay, I hate to tell you but she is so you. She looks and acts just like you when you were her age.
Love,
Grandmama

Springer family said...

Aww..she is so cute! You cant help but smile at that sweet little face... :)

Anonymous said...

Lindsay! OMG! Looks like little Lydia is either going to be a fashion artist or a home decorator! As upset as you might have been, it is really CUTE I have to say:) Remind me I said that when I tell you what my Brady has done...he he:)