Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tales from the GodseySix: The Book

If you've got a blog, you need a book. Seriously. This is the neatest thing I have seen in a long time. This website will publish any book you make in any format you choose, and all the software and everything is free. You pay for nothing except the book you create! (And if you decide you don't like the book you created, then you don't pay for anything.) So, now that Christmas is over (and everyone has received their gifts), I can finally show you the masterpiece that I have been working on all year. I am still so excited about it. The kids are gonna love it when they get older (except for maybe Lydia who somehow continues to appear in pictures with her on the toilet--hehe).

This is the cover. The book was 190 pages and hard back.

I wanted to show the inside flaps of the dustjacket.

The spine and back cover. You can custom design the dust jacket however you like. This software is just plain fun!

And here are a few of my favorite pages:

So go now! Create a book! And show me yours when you get it. They make wonderful Christmas presents!!! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, finally we get to see the book. It looks awesome!!! How you come up with all this thoughtful stuff I will never know. Thankfully I can copy all that you do and never have to worry :-). You did a great job keeping up with it throughout the year.

Amanda

Grandmommy said...

Take it from a person who received the book, I ditto everything Lindsay said. If you blog, you should book it. Gives a whole new meaning to the "Brag Book".

Eva Nichole said...

That is awsome!! So did you just copy your blog and the comments? That is great, I always wanted to make Eva's blog a book.
Thanks,
Crystal and Eva

Becky Lollar said...

I LOVE this idea!! This will take the place of my scrapbooking!! Thank you!! And the books are even nicer in person!!

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

I loved the book in person, too! I'm thinking about doing this for the next year. I bet it will be more managable if I start it out in January. Although all my blog entries from January are actually from December...

Sigh. :)

GodseySix said...

Thanks everyone!

And Crystal, I copied and pasted each entry and each comment. THen you just upload pics from you computer into the program. Super, super easy. I would LOVE to see Eva's blog booked. :) I got the idea about a year ago from someone who Amy has linked from Max's site. (Can't remember which link it was, though.)

Kaylie and Elon's Blogger said...

I loved seeing the book and am almost ashamed at EVERY comment that I have in that book. :) Lindsay being the sales pitcher she is, has almost got me sold on this whole blog thing...maybe one day.....

Anonymous said...

The book is great, I'm still enjoying it even though I saw most of it on line. I plan on sharing it with my close friends who don't have a computer.

Grandmama

Brady Blog said...

congrats on your book! It looks awesome. You've inspired me..thanks for sharing!