Sunday, February 15, 2009

Heartbroken

I knew the day would come. I knew it from the first second that I laid eyes on my sweet baby at 8:06pm on Sept 29, 2002. I knew it would hurt. It's just that things have been going so well at school for him, I somehow thought that perhaps the teasing had somehow passed over us. It didn't. Tonight, my precious Dylan (who has laid on the couch for most of the time he has been awake today with strep for the 2nd time in 2 weeks) told me that his "friend" at school recently told him that he "looked like a monkey because his ears were so big". Who would have thought that a 40-some-odd pound, 7-year-old could rip my heart right out of my chest. Oh, the pain...

8 comments:

Becky Lollar said...

Poor Dylan! Kids can be sooo very mean! I got my fill of it as a kid--it's no fun. (((HUGS))) to Dylan!

Amanda said...

God love you both during this time. There is nothing that you can say that will convince him that the kid was wrong, or jealous, etc. Poor baby, he is so cute and sweet to have to go through something like this especially when he is so sick. As Holly used to ask me, "who is it and do you want me to take care of it?" :-) Like Becky said, many hugs to Dylan.

Grandmommy said...

One of the few heartbreaks you'll go through. Dylan, We love you just the way you are. Remember Jesus was made fun of also.

The Stewarts said...

Just let Auntie Jenn know the names and addressess. I'll deal with them.

Tell him to stay strong, next week some other kid will look like an elephant.

Eva Nichole said...

Kids can be so mean, and the sad part is they will alway find something even if its the littliest silliest thing. We have a kid that lives nextdoor that teases Alex to no end and he even got to the point of hitting Alex, we finally had enough and told them if he touches Alex again he will know what the inside of a jail cell looks like.
I hope things get better for you all.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Kaylie and Elon's mommy said...

Oh Dylan! Poor guy. Those insults hurt but we have all gone through it, sadly. He is too precious and kind to be so sad about it. Thank goodness he has a mommy like you to talk to about it though! Hope his sickness goes away soon!

Anonymous said...

Words can be so hurtful, sometimes the "friend" doesn't even realize how bad he made Dylan feel. I would not change one hair on Dylan's head, he looks just perfect to me.
Love,
Grandmama

Anonymous said...

I too am heartbroken. How can children be so cold ? Tell Dylan I remember the night he was born. When I held him tears came to my eyes.God's special creation. He was and is just what God designed. When God completed creation He said it was VERY GOOD. You have four jewels hidden within your heart and home. I love you, Lisa