Sunday, March 29, 2009

Not Me! Monday ~ Stellan Style

Welcome back everyone to the GodseySix edition of Not Me! Monday. This blog carnival is hosted by MckMama, who at this very time is in the hospital with her 5 month old son, Stellan. Now, usually on Mondays I'd send you on over to her site to see what she and everyone else have not been doing this week. But as she is with her beautiful son right now, another Not Me! Monday-er has stepped up to the plate to cover while MckMama is tending to her son. You can check out her blog this week to see what she and everyone else have not been doing now that Stellan is fighting to get well. So, let's get down to it: This week's Not Me! Monday will be "Stellan Style"!
This week did not start off with some terrible news about MckMama's youngest son, who on Sunday night was transported to Children's Hospital as a result of his heart going into SVT, a complicated heart condition where his heart rate rose to dangerous levels and has remained there all week so far. I did not spend my entire work day on Monday refreshing MckMama's website hoping for new updates. I am way too busy at work and do not have the kind of time to do something like that. Not me!

Nor did I have random crying fits in my office at work, behind closed doors over this sweet boy. I mean, because I have never met him and I probably never will. And I just don't cry over people I don't know. Nope! Not me!


I did not become a member of a "Pray for Stellan" group on facebook. I did not wake up a couple of nights and check MckMama's website for possible midnight updates. And I certainly did not lie awake at night thinking of some original way to spell out Stellan's name in Memphis. Un-uh! Not me!

I did not, for the first time ever, finally understand and truly gain an appreciatiation for twitter. And I did not, as a result, consider for a half a second signing up for it myself. Not me! No sir-ee!


I did not dedicate my facebook status this week to getting the message out about Stellan. I did not get a little butterfly in my stomach when I saw that he made it to the top of our Sunday School class' prayer list yesterday. And I did not beg and plead with God daily to heal this baby. Not me!

I did not fall madly in love with this little boy and his family in a matter of weeks. And I do not think that God led me in the direction of MckMama's blog to show me what it means to cling to Him with everything you have, no matter what. Not me, my friends, no not me!

So, that about sums up what I have not been doing this week. I'm sure MckMama would love to hear from you and I'm pretty sure that she would love to know that you have joined the huge band of prayer warriors that are praying for her family during this time. So, if I were you I would not head on over to her blog to leave her a comment of encouragement.

16 comments:

Mrs. Cline said...

Thank you for posting. I'm already so blessed by the outpouring of love for MckMama and Stellan. He's a precious boy, that's for sure.

Brittney said...

This is great Lindsey...this pretty much sums up my week as well (and I found out about him through your facebook status)! I love and pray for this little boy!

Crazy Babs said...

Very good post! I too feel God did NOT bring MckMama into my life as way of becoming a better mother, wife, and spiritual being. Keep praying!

Natalie said...

i can totally relate... mckmama is such a blessing

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

What a wonderful post. I "din no" do those things either. :-)

purejoy said...

i didn't do all of these things either. although i didn't post all the stuff i didn't do because of my blog-vigil, i was (not) with you this week.
what a sweet tribute. i really hope jennifer has time to read these. well if not today, hopefully soon.

Jenny said...

Great post, I love how you added all of his pics. He is such a sweet baby and I pray for his healing.

Brittne said...

Great post!! I too refreshed her page probably a million times this week!! Oh i do hope that boy gets better quick!! I miss his dimples!

J said...

I found myself doing some of the same things this week. :)

Laura said...

Great post about Stellan!! I think you pretty much summed up my week too. This little boy has an amazing pull - his work is not done yet - please Lord!

Kristi said...

Great tribute to Stellan. Love how you included the pictures. See you around Mcmama's.

Kristi

Sonya said...

I could have written this post myself! I did pretty much the same thing all week!

Thanks for praying for Stellan.

Amanda said...

This just proves once again how incredibly sweet and what a blessing you are in many lives. I will truly lift this precious little one up in my prayers. I can't imagine having to go through what he and his parents are going through.

Prayers going up said...

I have been keeping this little boy in my prayers all week as well. I hope things go well for their family and they continue to be guided by strength! Thank you for praying so hard and bringing this family to others.

Eva Nichole said...

Its reasons like this that my husband says I should not read about sick children because I can cry all night over it. When I read anther young child has lost their fight, the day is over for me and lots of hugs and kisses and cuddles come for my kids. It is so sad and so scarey because you never know, like when I went to the little CHARGErs funeral the other week, I was so sad for them but at the sametime I wonder how long will I have Eva. Its sad and scarey to have a child with so many issues.
My thoughts and prayers are with Stellan and MckMama.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

*sara* said...

I love that you added in the pictures of Stellan. He's such a precious little boy.