Sunday, May 17, 2009

Not me! Monday

Welcome to another edition of Not me! Monday, a blog carnival created by MckMama. If you are not familiar with Not me! Monday or would like to play along you can go here to read a more detailed description of what it is and how to get started.

I am currently not struggling with some "seemingly" major allergy issues at this very moment, so I would not advise you to expect a relatively short Not me! Monday post as a result. I would not let something so silly as a little allergy problem affect my blogging. Nah! Not me!

And I can not imagine why I might be having such problems. I mean after all, I did not spend 4 hours trimming my hedges today. I would never let them get so out of hand that it would take me half of a working day to get my flower beds under control. Not this homeowner!

Because I mean, seriously, image is everything and I would never want to give off the impression that some trashy peeps moved into the house next door. Which is why I have to insist that this was not happening in my front yard this weekend. No way, Jose!
And let's pretend~pretend, I said~that this was my home and that was indeed happening in my front yard, it would only be because a certain Godsey kid decided it would be fun to flush their toothbrush! But I would not tell their name here. That might embarass them and a good mom would not embarass their child on the world wide web! Plus, I'm fairly certain that you all already knew it was Lydia so I would not have needed to tell that tidbit would I? Oops, I did not just let that slip! No, not me!
Hey! Do you think it was wrong of me to let my 17-month-old daughter sit on this stool for something like a half an hour while I took a shower and put up some dishes? Just kidding. I would not have taken advantage of such a pitiful situation where my youngest was terrified that she was "stuck" simply because her tiny feet couldn't reach the ground. No, certainly not me! But I did take a picture...and maybe a shower. But I'll never tell. No, not me!
Happy Monday. Or not! ;)





14 comments:

Grandmommy said...

All you had to do was build a wall around it and you would have your own port-a-potty. You could even charge neighborhood kids that came over to play and needed to use the bathroom. Maybe you could install them for other homeowners. Sounds like a new business venture. Oh, by the way, I did NOT buy the toothbrushes they threw down the toilet.

Leah said...

Allergies!! ARGH! And a toilet in your front yard? Whew, you definitely need to jump over to www.sillylittlesparrow.com tomorrow morning to play along with the Toot Your Horn Tuesday posts. It's a great follow-up to this Not Me Monday carnival. Just TRUTHFULLY list all the GREAT things you've done in the past week. Hope you can play!

*sara* said...

hahahaha Well, you have a beautiful home even with the toilet in the front yard! A toothbrush? Really?! My allergies are driving me crazy too. There's a lovely greenish yellow film covering everything here! I just stole one of my hubby's Claratin's...those things work miracles!

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

Oh my word. You have a toilet in your front yard. Are you sure it isn't the nicest trailer park I've ever seen? :0)

So, what happened? The toilet had to come out because someone tried to flush it? Or is this the new toilet that needs to be installed due to the old toilet having a toothbrush almost flushed? You can't just post a pic like that with no explanation!

I'm laughing so, so hard right now!

Always laughing at what you don't do! said...

You continue to crack me up! There is no need to put a potty in your front yard just because you are too lazy Togo inside. I mean, seriously, do you want to get arrested for indecent exposure? Boo allergies! Bout time you worked out in the yard, it was starting to look really rough, ha! Just be thankful you didn't cut your pinky with the hedgeclippers and require stitches like Jeremy did!

beautyinallthings said...

I love the toilet on the lawn! So classy!

Love Mom said...

I don't think the picture of the toilet in the yard is funny because I didn't visit my dad a few years ago to see the very same thing...

Eva Nichole said...

Oh boy!! You always have your hands full and it always seem to be with mostly just one of your kids...I have no idea which one that would be....hee hee!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Musings of the Mrs. said...

That picture is so funny. A toilet in the front yard is classic and also very classy.

Elaine A. said...

I'm not really sure the toilet compliments the hedges. Just some constructive landscaping advice! hee hee!

Hope you are having a great Monday!

Jeanette "Frogster" said...

haha thanks for all the laughs and smiles! I'm certaily never telling what things I may have put my children up to in order to take a shower...
BTW, my new camera is a Nikon D60. I have been studying and practicing to try to learn how to take better pictures. Thanks for the comment! :)

Adelas said...

Who was too slow to get her Not Me! Monday post up before you dropped by her site? Surely Not Me! (it's up now)

Also, I couldn't decide if that poor baby on the stool was pitiful or hilarious. I'm still torn. :) Great picture for the memories though!!

Suzi said...

Thanks for stopping by. Great Not Me's, and I love that there was "no" toilet in your front yard, that is great stuff! I am sure it is not too late to release balloons for Kayleigh, I am sure the Freemans would appreciate it.

Booklover1212 said...

I had to pick your post to read because I got overwhelmed with all the entries and just decided to read every 5th one!

Love the potty in the front yard. Hope your allergies are feeling better!

~ Jennifer
http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com/