Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ramblings from the mush-brained momma:



Wow! I can't really come up with much of a title for this one. My mind is like mush right about now and I have no direction for this post. So here's a few random thoughts and maybe a cute picture here and there. Maybe.

~I recently put in a bid for a new position at work and will quickly be changing shifts. How do I feel about that? Well, it's all rather bittersweet. I have some pretty sweet benefits to the job that I am at currently. But it was my choice to leave. So I am a little excited about my new job assignment at the same time. Probably the reason for my absent-mindedness, to be quite honest.

~I tried to take some really cool close up shots of my blooming flowers this weekend, because, well, everyone else is doing it and it looks so great. But not so much for me. Here's a picture so you can see how desperately in need of photography lessons I am. Oh, and also so that you can see proof that I can plant a flower and have it survive a full 24 hours! Yippee!
~I think Taco Bell has a pretty nifty little scheme going on. EVERY. TIME. I. GO. I am missing one or two items from my order. Every time. I think that they are able to offer tacos for 79 cents because they make up for it by giving you one less item in your order than you paid for. It's a conspiracy I say!

~Today is the last day of school for the kiddos. Which means: I am now the mother of a SECOND-GRADER and a KINDERGARTENER. Oh my goodness! Oh me, oh my! Talk about something being bittersweet. ~I am incredibly impressed with how much my sweet Lydia looks like I did when I was her age. See for yourself and tell me what you think.

Her 2009:

Me 1981:

~Now is that just scary or what? Maybe it has something to do with the hair. Apparently the "mullet" is more than a hairstyle. It's a genetic trademark! :)

~Anyhow, I won't subject you to any more of my ramblings. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh MY GOSH... I knew she looked like you, I just had no idea that she was your very image!!! How sweet is that. You have some super strong genes working there. And thank you for the Taco Bell theory. They have messed up my order and have sent the secret to Mcdonald's. It just really makes me want to cook this stuff myself, but then that would take away from my lazy time. Awesome post!

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

So it is 12:29 AM, and to brag about my summer status, I'm looking at your blog at this time of night. On a bad note, I have inservice day tomorrow. It will be long since I'll have no sleep.

Ok, SHE IS YOUR TWIN. I'm like my mom in that respect. Compare me at various ages, and we're scary in similarities. I enjoy it b/c I know how I'll age. :0)

Totally get your feelings about the job thing. I did this job thing to myself, too. I'm happy about it. I'm looking forward to it. However, I had a pretty sweet gig to begin with so...you wonder if you are making the right choice.

Taco Bell has a new "its right or its free" slogan. Slow down next time and check it out. Not like four kids piled in your car makes you want to go get your 79 cents worth.

Grandmommy said...

I can testify it's not just Lydia's looks that are same but the personality also. As far as Taco Bell goes, ask for your receipt so you can call the store. It they get ugly, you can email corporate. Did you just buy 1 flower? You've done a great job. I'm so glad the kids are being exposed to the world of horticulture. Another in school means 1 less daycare.

Eva Nichole said...

OMG SHE DOES LOOK LIKE YOU!! She is like your mini me!!
You also took a great pic of that flower by the way.
Also Taco Bell I do not go to very offen but my McDonalds has pulled that on me a few times so I check my bag before I pull away from the window, I do not care what the people behind me think because I am going to get EVERYTHING I paid for without going into the resturant. There is a reason I go through the drive though and not in the resturant...LOL!
I hope everything with the new job goes well.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Great post! said...

WOW! That's AMAZING how much she looks like you girl! My mouth literally dropped wide open. How meat to be able to put those pictures side by side.
Yes, Taco Bell does that, it is a conspiracy. Just so you know. :) Really, it's more of a lack of good hiring ability (they even put how many items go into the bag on the receipt). Some people just can't count or do their job correctly!
Good luck on the new job opportunity, I guess we will be in the same boat. I had a pretty sweet gig doing the work I did with foster care. Now I'm afraid combining the that and adoptions will KILL me! You can do it, who knows, this may be sweeter in the long run than your job before. But I don't really see how that is going to happen since you won't be able to meet me for lunch anymore....
I can't believe your kids are getting THAT big! There's no way, I am still in disbelief. Bryan looks like such a studious big boy. Still can't believe he can sit still long enough to play on the computer though. :) Yay, for one less daycare expense though.
Very impressive that you can not only plant the flower, but that you can keep it alive AND take a picture of it! It is beautiful dear.

*sara* said...

I love the flower picture! The color is so vibrant!

And OMG she looks exactly like you!! So cute! :)

Brady Blog said...

wow, ya'll are twinkies! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

I've always said Lydia looks (and acts) just like you. Now you can see for yourself.

About Taco Bell- Our order is always right, we get the same thing every time.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to sign the above comment but I'm sure you know who it is.

Love
Grandmama