Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesday's Tribute

I have been eyeing "Tuesday's Tribute" now for a few weeks and thinking how very much I would love to jump right in, but to be honest, with Not me! Monday's and then Tuesday's Tributes followed by Way-Fewer-Words Wednesday I was feeling like it all might be a little overwhelming. But then I thought, "I can do this" and the idea behind the Tuesday's Tributes really struck a chord in me and I would really like to give it a go and see how it turns out.

So, what is "Tuesday's Tribute"? Well, the general idea is that many of us spend so much time using our blogs to talk about ourselves and what we do and what we like and how such-and-such makes us feel. "Tuesday's Tribute" is an opportunity for each of us to shine our light on someone else. "Tuesday's Tribute" is a chance to talk about OTHER people, OTHER blogs, OTHER lives.

If you like what you see here, then please stop by Seven Clown Circus to see the many other "Tuesday's Tributes". So, having said all that, I now bring you the first edition ever of the Godseysix's "Tuesday's Tribute"!

Tuesday's Tribute

So, for my first ever Tuesday's Tribute, I have decided to honor Eva's mommy, Crystal. I "met" Crystal through a church friend's blog back in January of 2007 and have been a regular follower of their blog ever since. Let me tell you what makes Crystal so great.

Crystal is a mother of 3, with two of her children being born under frightening circumstances for any new parent. Her oldest was born 2 months early and her youngest, Eva, was born with a complicated condition known as CHARGE syndrome. Despite the challenges she faces daily, Crystal finds time in her day to be an encouragement to many others on a daily basis. If you visit her blog you will see her lo-o-o-o-o-ong blogroll of sites she visits regularly~and knowing Crystal like I know her I can almost guarantee with resonable certainty that she comments nearly daily on each blog that has an update.

Not only is she an encouragement to these other bloggers, but she (as long as I have been following her blog) has played an active role in the March of Dimes' March for Babies doing her part to raise money to support research to help prevent premature deliveries.

And as if that isn't enough, Eva has recently started school. And would you know that this amazing woman uses that free time (while her children are in school) to provide respite care for other families. That means that when she gets free time, she uses it to give a break to others who have family members that are in need of constant care. Pretty amazing isn't it?

Crystal has a blog dedicated to her daughter, Eva, and uses it to get the word out about CHARGE as well as to feature her daughter and all her newest accomplishments. But there are many times when she puts all that aside and allows her blog to highlight Eva's CHARGE friends who might be facing some uncertain times and are in need of prayer. If there is ever anything going on in the CHARGE world, odds are you can find out about it on Eva's blog.

Crystal is both an inspiration to me and an encouragement to hundreds of others. (And she happens to be one of my loyal visitors and commenters--lucky me!) :) So on this Tuesday I dedicate my blog to Crystal and Eva and I encourage you to stop by their blog and read a post or two. I guarantee that it will be an encouragement. And don't forget to leave Eva a comment so when she's older she can see just how many people visited her site!

Happy Tuesday, guys!

*

*

*

*

*

And in other unrelated news...don't forget the giveaway closes in a few hours. Hurry over and get entered to win some personalized stationary. Winner to be announced tomorrow morning. (But check back shortly after 9...I can never wait to post exciting stuff like that!)

5 comments:

Eva Nichole said...

Ok you made me cry!! I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY NOW!! LOL! I guess its payback for me making you cry with all the Eva videos...LOL!
You are awesome and I am so glad we "found" eachother and I promise one day we will meet. Maybe if the CHARGE Conference comes to TN you can come and help out or something.
Love ya,
Crystal and Eva

angie said...

What a beautiful and refreshing first Tuesday Tribute. Crystal sounds like an amazing woman and friend.

Muthering Heights said...

She sounds like such a great friend!

Amanda said...

Good grief if you get any sweeter we may not be able to hang out anymore (you may realize how rotten I am) ;-) What a wonderful tribute to someone who defintely needs to be in the spotlight more often.

Shanda said...

You did an excellent job in paying tribute to Crystal. I agree with Amanda, you are very sweet to say such sweet things about someone else.