Monday, May 11, 2009

Tuesday's Tribute

Welcome to another edition of "Tuesday's Tribute" : a chance to talk about OTHER people, OTHER blogs, OTHER lives. This blog carnival is hosted by Angie over at Seven Clown Circus. Be sure to visit her site to see the many other "Tuesday's Tributes".

Tuesday's Tribute

This week on "Tuesday's Tribute", I salute you, Mother's Day gifts! Consider this a toast to Mother's Day gifts of past, present and future~may it give all of us moms the chuckle that we so need to carry on from Mother's Day to Mother's Day!

Before I give tribute to one of the funniest blog posts regarding Mother's day gifts, allow me to first share with you one of my own gifts from this Mother's Day:

Nothing says "I love you, mom" more than the "ziplock-bag-filled-with-trash butterfly".

It was just what I was hoping for...or not-so-much. But a sweet gesture nonetheless. Except for the part where I received a note from my son's teacher about 3 weeks ago asking me to send a box of ziplock freezer bags, some clothes pins and a bundle of pipe cleaners to school for their "May craft stations". Mmmm...Hmmm. The gift I've always wanted at a price I could afford. Two thumbs up! Yeah!

*********************************************************

Okay, on to the tribute part. As many of you know, I somewhat of a bloggy weakness. Okay, so it's more of a full-blown addiction. I stalk blogs. For hours. Well, last year around Mother's Day-ish I ran across a blog post that had me laughing to the point of tears, because her Mother's Day gift, well, had her in tears. And on this week following Mother's Day, I want to share that post with you in hopes that it might bring a smile to your face and a tear to your eye.

(Keep in mind that I don't really know this blogger, although I think she is a very talented photographer and a wonderfully hilarious writer; and I do still stalk her blog at times. So don't go telling her I sent ya or anything if you decide to leave a comment because she won't have a clue who you are talking about!)

So, without further delay I bring you the honoree of this week's "Tuesday's Tribute". Enjoy!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Awwww, how sweet to already have a homemade gift. I love that you had to supply all the parts to it. The surprise defintely went out the window on that one LOL. Hope your mother's day was as great as you are as a mom (which is a lot).

Grandmommy said...

I really don't understand how you could not know what this was especially with the butterfly's eye connected to the antenna. Remember, it's made with love.

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

Ok, I'm going to take teacher status for a moment to explain what was going on in her mind. You ready?

First, you must understand the TREMENDOUS pressure that is on a teacher to come up with something better than last year's teacher to give you--said Mother--a Mother's Day present.

Also, in her defense, you really don't realize how much we--I mean me--spend on our class over the year. It's not that she's meaning to make you pay for your own gift. However, by this point in the school year---we've spent almost $500 or more on our class. We're a little tired, creatively challenged, and tapped out. :0) Just to let you know where she was probably coming from.

My poor little class presented their mothers with beautiful picture frames with pictures from the Botanic Gardens last year. This year? We made coupon books. Yes, as in, "I promise I will clean my room." Hmmm....

The bright side? The older the group of children you teach the less pressure there is for something "cutsie".

Stephanie said...

hahaha. Best. gift. ever! lol.

angie said...

Ah............a gift you can appreciate.....the one that is from you, to you. he he. I absolutely LOVED this post and am still laughing.

One Happy Mommy! said...

Love it! I bet you couldn't put pictures of ALL the homemade gifts you have gotten over the past years, WOW, that would be a lot! Nothing says love better than a ziploc bag made into a butterfly or an onion chopper...I'm wearing a button that says Kaylie's Mommy! How precious little gifts can just make your heart melt. And kudos to confident for laying it all out there....They should take tips from Kaylie and Elon's school, they made the BEST presents EVER (Kaylie made a wooden heart pin that says Kaylie's Mommy, a beautiful little cup that has a construction paper heart and pen made into a flower that says Happy Mom's Day and a GORGEOUS black and white picture of her with the flowers colored; Elon made a little bitty bag with his handprint on it filled with candy). GREAT GIFTS!

Elaine A. said...

That's the "pertiest" Ziploc bag I've evern seen (sorry, I'm from TX and that's how we say pretty around here...)

Happy belated Mother's Day... off to read the post.