Monday, June 29, 2009
We have new toys!
And a new playground thanks to my favorite guys!
And celebrated Kaylie's birthday, too.
Oh, yeah. And our brand new house fell apart.
But more on that later. In the meantime, please enjoy these birthday celebration pics! (Photos courtesy of my dear friend Amanda) Happy Birthday to my sweet, sweet Bryan and Lydia! I love you so both so very much. From here to the stars!!!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
So, what do you say to the check out guy? "Just charge me for a half pound or so." (?)
I guess after all those grapes, she was probably "stirfy". That's Lydia for thirsty!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Haha! I love it!
What?! I said it was going to be random! Oh, wait. No I didn't. I said ramblin'. Well, looks like I've got that covered already, too!
You think we could get a break from this heat anytime soon? I was looking up the forecast for this week, because all of my favorite men in my life are coming over Friday to put together a huge wooden swing set for the kids (for Bryan and Lydia's birthdays) and I was hoping they might catch a break. Looks like they kinda-sorta-but-not-really did catch a break. Look what would have happened had they waited until Sat to put it together!
You want really random? How about this: Wanna know how I felt when I was pregnant with Lydia 3 years ago? It was something like this:
How's that for random? Oh. But I never said random, did I? Oh, foot.
Doesn't this picture remind you of the cat in the hat?
"The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house. All that cold, cold, wet day."
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Oh, and thanks for taking such great care of our sweet boy while he was away. He had a great time and we truly thank you from the bottom of our hearts! :)
With sincerest appreciation,
Saturday, June 20, 2009
- Yummy,Yummy hugs. That's what we call hugs with Elysa. She thinks it is the funniest thing. I think they're just yummy!
- Seeing the pride on this guys face when we finally took him to buy this suitcase with his own, hard-earned money. I think he realizes now that it was totally worth making up the bed, cleaning his room, and helping around the house. :)
- After a full 24 hours with no break from her incessant talking, I can look at pictures of her and realize that she is SO. STINKIN'. SWEET. Love those quiet moments when I can reflect on their little lives.
- Getting phone calls at 9:30 at night from my second born who is spending the night with Grandmommy, but didn't forget to call and tell me goodnight right before he went to sleep. I was on his mind and I'm lovin' that!
- The fact that I get to experience it all with this handsome man, who made it all happen. I love you, sweetie! Happy Father's Day!!!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
But first, let me thank everyone who participated in the giveaway. I really enjoyed reading through your comments and seeing how you guys felt about some of my favorite things.
In addition I want to thank all of my friends who so very kindly allowed me to feature their products as prizes in this giveaway. Without them, this giveaway would have never been possible!
And having said all that, let's go get some random numbers and find out who our winners are! Eek! So exciting! Remember, the prizes will be awarded in the order in which they were featured in the giveaway post.
Our first winner, for the framed Personalized Cutout from Wishful Thinking, according to Random.org is
Timestamp: 2009-06-17 02:02:06 UTC
Leigh Ann over at All About Us who posted the 94th comment! Congratulations Leigh Ann! Be sure to email me with your choice of letter for the cutout and a shipping address so I can get your prize to you!
Timestamp: 2009-06-17 02:02:30 UTC
Crystal over at Eva Nichole's Blog who posted the 58th comment! Congratulations Crystal! Don't forget to send me an email so I can get your prizes sent out to you!
Timestamp: 2009-06-17 02:02:48 UTC
Crystal over at Chubba's Mama who posted the 75th comment on the giveaway post. Congratulations Crystal! And send me an email with a shipping address, dear, so I can get your new key fob to you!
Timestamp: 2009-06-17 02:03:04 UTC
Leah over at Confident Until Completion who posted the 80th comment in the giveaway post! Congratulations Leah! Send me that email and I'll get the earrings on their way!
Timestamp: 2009-06-17 02:03:40 UTC
Kristen over at The Cliffords who posted the lucky #54 comment! Congratulations Kristen! When you email me, be sure to include the email address where you'd like the gift certificate emailed to.
Thanks again to everyone who participated! And congratulations to those whose lucky comment numbers were drawn. If you are a winner, be sure to email me at
Monday, June 15, 2009
- I did not totally copy and paste my intro from last week's not me monday post because I'm too lazy to come up with a new one this week. Sorry 'bout that ya'll!
- As I mentioned a couple of days ago, this little ham did not refer to the monstrous storm we had over the weekend as a "pornado". I did not giggle to myself when she used the term. I'm a grown up and way more mature than that. Pornado. Teeheehee. Ahem.
- Speaking of
pornadoestornadoes, I did not stop by these people's home to take a picture of the massive tree that fell. That would be kinda creepy to see some random person taking pictures of my home, so I would certainly never do that to anyone else.
- But seriously, that tree fell because of some wind. Pretty darn impressive, no?
- I did not get a teensy bit stressed out while taking the kids out for ice cream with my parents this weekend. But if I did, they would have totally made up for it by posing so well for this wonderful group photo.
- And on that very same day I did not nearly wet my britches from excitement when my granddad agreed to let me take a picture of him with all the kids. (He does not like to have his picture taken. Really does not.)
- And lastly, I did not spend all day Saturday trying to figure out how to create a custom signature line at the bottom of my blog posts. I did, however, succeed and I will now wrap this post up so you can see it! :)