Monday, June 1, 2009

I work midnight shift. It is NOW my midnight. And what am I doing?

Partying like it's my birthday. Aren't you all jealous that while you were working, I was at Incredible Pizza with my brood? Aren't you jealous that when you can't sleep, at best you can watch infomercials about the latest fat burning diet. But when I can't sleep I can get out of bed and go to Incredible Pizza!

Okay, okay. So, maybe I'm overly optimistic. But my blog, my perspective. ;) And I am certainly not jealous of all you guys who actually get to sleep when it is DARK outside. Nope, not me! That would be too easy and I like a challenge. :rollseyes:

As it stands, I'm not quite used to the midnight shift yet. So today, right in the middle of my "night", I decided to take the family to Incredible Pizza. And we all had an incredible time!
Except for Elysa. I don't think she enjoyed it one bit. See what I mean?
I couldn't get a pic of my sweet, sweet firstborn. He is now too cool to be seen with me in public so he was off doing his own thing. But believe me, he also had an incredible time! As did I. It sure beat sleeping. Although I might not be thinking that come 2am tomorrow morning!
:Sigh:

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like you all had fun, except for Elysa. It looks like she was having the time of her life. Those are such sweet pictures of them on the carousel. We will have to get together and party during your "midnight" hours.

*sara* said...

Yeah, it doesn't look like Elysa had any fun at all! ;)

Springer family said...

Looks like you had lots of fun!! I didn't realize you were on midnights now. I know that makes for a crazy schedule. I remember having black trash bags taped over my windows!

Anonymous said...

What a great thing to do in the middle of the "night". All I can do is watch TV and play solitare and it's not near as much fun as you all were having.

Love
Grandmama

NOW that's the Momma I know said...

NOW that's the Momma I know! I am so happy that you guys got to get out and have a PARTY! Those kids are so lucky to have you, playing rather than sleepin. That Bryan is going to be a knockout with that smile, wow, he is handsome. And Elysa, you can definitely tell how she is feeling by looking at her face! Lydia just has a good time ANYWHERE and please don't tell me Dylan is already too good to be with his momma....
And I got your new number, hopefully we will still be able to get together for playdates instead of lunch. We will figure it out!

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

Totally feeling for you. Our house has been full of crazy FedEx shifts for three years! It can make things very, very interestnig!

Eva Nichole said...

Very sweet!! I am so happy my 13 year still lets me take pics of him, most of the time.
Hugs,
crystal and eva

The Stewarts said...

Midnights When did this happen?????