Monday, August 10, 2009

First Day of School

So today was the first day, and I am very pleased to announce that both boys each had a wonderful first day! I was so worried about Dylan fitting in with the other kids that I was barely able to cry a single tear about my Bryan starting school today. But at the end of the day, they both came home with fun stories and fond memories of their first day. And I sighed a huge sigh of relief and said a little thank you prayer.

It's just so hard to believe that these boys:left the house this morning looking like this:

It was all sorta bitter-sweet. Sweet in that there were waaayyy fewer fights to break up, fewer disputes to resolve, fewer game boys to take away, and fewer time outs to enforce. But it was bitter in that the minute we (David, myself and the girls) stepped foot back in the house...without those boys...it was so different. Quiet. Lonely. We had no clue what to do or where to begin.

But we did lots of fun things like lick all the cheese off all of the Doritos in the bag.
And we washed our hands. A lot.
And...uh...we read some books. (And I wondered if Lydia selected book titles to try to tell me how she felt about the boys being in school.)
Probably not. She was really happy to see them when they got back home.And so was I!

5 comments:

Eva Nichole said...

AAWW Glad to hear they had such a great 1st day!!

Grandmommy said...

Looks like the boys did better than the parents. Just wait...the girls are next.

♥Kim said...

Glad to hear they had a great day! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy everything went so well, hope it continues for the rest of the year.

Grandmama

Amanda said...

I am so happy that they had a great first day. I prayed very hard that they would just love their new school. Enjoy this time with your girls. They are all too precious for words.