Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Me Box

Well, it's official. School is back and in full swing! Tonight we completed our first "big" homework assignment which was a "Me Box" for Dylan. It's a semi-decorated box that contains items that are important to him. He has to stand in front of the class and show each item and tell why it is important to him. And I must say, I was humbled by some of his choices for his "Me Box".

First, here's a look at the box itself.
And here are the contents of his "Me Box" and his presentation as he practiced it tonight. I am so proud of him. Keep in mind, these are his choices and his explanations. (And I couldn't be more proud of him!)

"I have a picture of my family in my box because I have 2 sisters and a brother and I love my family very much. They are important to me."

"I have my Bible in my box because the Bible is Jesus' words. And Jesus loves me and I love Him. And my Bible is important to me."
"I have a Mickey Mouse in my box because this summer after I graduate from second grade, my family is going to Disney World and that is important to me."
"I have my Mario Brothers game in my box, because I play Mario Brothers every day. It is my favorite game and it is important to me."

"I have a calendar of September because that is when my birthday is and I like getting presents on my birthday so it is important to me."


7 comments:

Amanda said...

How sweet! I love the items he chose (especially the Mickey). I am so proud of him not only showing off his family but bringing his Bible to school. What a wonderful witness to his classmates and teacher. What great parents you and David are.

Eva Nichole said...

Great Job Dylan!! LOVE IT!!

Grandmommy said...

Everything in Dylan's "Me Box" is also very important to me (Family, Bible, even Mickey Mouse because I'm so happy ya'll are getting to go. However, I might be able to do without Mario). Wonderful first project.

Grandmommy said...

Oops! Forgot Dylan's birthday in the "Me Box". Extremely important, just so I don't forget in September!

♥Kim said...

Aw, so sweet!!! That is precious! Love the bible!!! Good choice!!! :)

Anonymous said...

"Me Box", what a wonderful idea! We can all take a lesson from Dylan and reflect on what is really important to us.

Love
Grandmama

Kaylie and Elon's Mommy said...

Dylan sure does have great examples to follow! How neat to see what is important to him at the end of the day. What a precious sweet boy.