Friday, August 7, 2009

Tax Free and Proud!

It's Tax Free weekend in Tennessee! WooHoo! So today I headed to the stores to try to get some of the great deals before everything was picked over. I was too late, but you would never know by looking at my receipt. That's it right in the middle of all the clothes I got for the kids today.

In total, today I bought:
  • 7 pairs of shorts
  • 6 pairs of blue jeans
  • 2 pair jogging pants
  • 2 dresses
  • 16 shirts
  • underpants for all kiddos

And didn't pay one red cent in taxes!

::doesalittledance::

I look forward to tax free weekend about as much as I look forward to Thanksgiving each year!

4 comments:

Eva Nichole said...

AWESOME!!! Great job!!

Shanda said...

Way to go! I am impressed yet again by Momma Godsey!

Mom said...

Like mother, like daughter. You learned well.

Amanda said...

I tried to do as well as you, but finally threw in the towel. I hate to shop and I hate crowds. You are so much the better person for this. I am more than willing now to pay taxes to avoid the crowds. Great job on such a daring and difficult mission.