Friday, January 1, 2010

Still not "Mother of the Year" material

But I'm getting there. Our sweet baby girl turned two this week. Three days after Christmas, to be exact. I haven't quite figured out how to celebrate a birthday that close to Christmas yet and if any of you guys have any great suggestions, I am totally open to hear it. In the meantime I'll tell you what we decided to do this year to celebrate.

You ready for this???

We did...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
*wait for it*
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
NOTHING!

That's right. Not a gift, not a party, not a cake. Oh, come on! I can hear you all gasping in disbelief even as I type this! :)

And that's okay, because it was my initial reaction too when her birthday rolled around. Which is why I had to do something...anything...to get some pictures to show her when she gets older. Pictures that would make it appear as if we had a major celebration planned.

So, we rounded up our kids and trekked across town to the local Chuck E Cheese where I was able to corral enough kids (that appeared to be 2-ish) into a corner. I tossed my sweet Elysa in front of them and-voila!-a "group picture" of Elysa and her birthday party guests.

Okay, so maybe that isn't exactly what happened either. Basically we just went to Chuck E Cheese. Me, my hubby, the birthday girl and her 3 siblings. And we had a wonderful time. We celebrated her birthday while we were there...just us...and we had a good dose of family fun. And I did snap a few pictures...just no group shots. Not quite bold enough to attempt the "fake" group shot yet. ;)






Happy Birthday my Sweet, Sweet Elysa! Mommy loves you from here to the stars!!!

6 comments:

ConfidentUntilCompletion said...

I actually have some expertise in this. My birthday is the day before Valentine's day. Which oddly enough, is not a major holiday. However, teachers were always annoyed by the appearance of cupcakes TWO days in a row. All my cakes growing up were red or pink. All the balloons were red or pink. Heart themes abounded. Boyfriends only gave me one gift UNTIL I met Chris, and he gave me two gifts. My parents did make it a separate day for me with a separate celebration. I always got two gifts (Valentine's and Bday). That made a world of difference, but following after Christmas? That's rough!

GodseySix said...

I'm thinking about celebrating half-birthdays for her. Like instead of celebrating on Dec. 28 we would celebrate her 3.5 birthday on June 28th, exactly 6 months later. Touble with that: Bryan's birthday is June 28 and Lydia's birthday is June 29. If we celebrate 3/4 of their birthdays on the same weekend in June, it will be like buying for Christmas again. Talk about expensive!! I just dont know what to do... :/

Crystal M. said...

Alex's birthday is 5 days after Christmas and we had done parties for him up until he was 13 so no party this year. He is going to do something else that is VERY AMAZING. As soon as we get him in I will let you know what it is. But anyway we always did his parties just after new years and this year we did a cake on christmas when both sides of the family were here. Our wedding annivresary is also 3 days after Christmas and we do not do anything since we just spent all our money on Christmas.

She is still young enough where a family things is not so bad and she will not mind. When she starts school maybe invite some friends over for cake and some games.

Hugs,
crystal and Eva

Grandmommy said...

I think you should celebrate her birthday with yours in January. At least you would always get to party with a younger crowd. Chuck E. Cheese was a great idea and everyone enjoyed it.

I have the best IDEAS! ha said...

You are Mother of the Year material, I don't know what you are talking about! A mother that worries about not having a party for her TWO year old deserves that award. How about you celebrate the date she was conceived? That would be different! :)

王菲Fay said...

cool!AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色