Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's the little things in life

It was the best of days. It was the worst of days.

If it could go wrong today, it did.
  • I sent Lydia off to school today not knowing until I dropped her off that today was her Valentine's party at school. She was the only kid in the class that did not bring Valentine's to share.
  • I left for work today without my jacket. It was 28 degrees today.
  • I had an interview for a training position today during which I broke down in tears and walked out of the interview.
  • I took the day off from work to finish crying. For the record, I really don't know why I started crying, but once I did, I couldn't stop.
  • I continued to cry off and on for the next FOUR hours.
  • Lydia "washed her hands" in scalding hot water which blistered and burned her little hands.
  • I cried some more.
  • I took the trash can to the curb tonight for trash pick up tomorrow. As I rolled the can towards the street a huge sheet of ice slid out of nowhere and left linear bruises across the backs of both of my hands.
  • Dylan hit Bryan in the face with the basketball.
  • I cried some more.
  • And despite my strenuous workout this morning, I ate 6 oreo cookies, 4 slices of pizza, 3 hot wings, and 2 pieces of dessert pizza tonight for dinner. With a Dr. Pepper. But that one kinda made me feel better. :/

And so did a perfect-timing phone call from my amazing mom, sweet little facebook messages from my dear hubby and my very dear friend, blog posts like this one from Eva's sweet (and funny) Momma, and these ten little piggies:

And I learn, once again, that it truly is the little things in life that can make a "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day" a little brighter!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I am so sorry you had such a bad day. Though if I had known how it would end, I so would have joined you on the oreos and pizza :-) I pray that the rest of your week is the best week ever.

Sara said...

Here's hoping today is a much better day for you!! :)

Mom said...

I hope you're feeling better today. Chocolate, pizza and family always make things better. Love you.

Crystal M. said...

<3 <3 <3 Loves hun!! I know I have had those days to many times. I hope you feel better soon.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Anonymous said...

Stay strong

Adrienne Redfox said...

Is it wrong that I was laughing hysterically at this post? I feel for you, I really do, but I can also relate. It's wonderful that you can still find the beauty. May this day be better than the last!

wishful thinking said...

She wasnt the only one that didnt have Valentines! Brody didnt have any either!

-Mindy