Thursday, February 25, 2010

Time will tell.

For the past twenty minutes, I have been on the hunt for Elysa's morning sippy cup. She has put it somewhere, because she decided she didn't want milk this morning and refused to drink it. She wanted juice. Now, I can't find it anywhere! I'm sure I will be able to find it in a couple of days when it, ahem, starts smelling. Oh, the joys of parenting.

Speaking of the joys of parenting, I would never claim to be an expert in the field, but you would think that after 4 I would learn that you can't reason with a 2-year old.

Me: Elysa, where is your drink?
Elysa: Drink-it!
Me: No, sissy, where is the cup?
Elysa: Drink-it!
Me: Okay guys, the first one to find Sissy's sippy cup gets a treat!
Elysa: No, no, no, no, no drink-it!

So here I sit, typing, still not knowing where my beloved daughter's "drink-it" is. But one thing is for sure: Time will tell!

It usually does.

Just like how time will tell if our baby girl will grow up to be a doctor.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Ahhh, I love those type of conversations. It drives me crazy when they can't or won't tell you what you want to know. Very sweet pictures of Elysa and David. I would have these showing on her wedding day (hopefully she will marry one of my guys).

Crystal M. said...

VERY CUTE!! I know all to well about the sippy cup issues. Eva throws hers all the time and who knows where they land....LOL!