Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Llama, Llama, Lunch With Momma (and Daddy)!

So up until now, it may seem as if I haven't enjoyed being Mother of the "Star of the Week". Please, don't get me wrong! I think the "Star of the Week" concept is a really great idea, I just wish that there was a little more time for preparations. Being a mommy of 4 and working a full time job, I sometimes find myself frustrated at the extra activities that the schools come up with to make the children feel special for a week.


Finding out on Friday afternoon that you have a huge project like "Star of the Week" to complete before Monday is a big, hairy deal when you have to work all weekend. Finding time to take 4 young kids out to entertain a stuffed toy when you have to be at work in 3 hours is no easy feat, either.


On the flip side, "Star of the Week" gives me a reason to take some time off work to go to the school and make my kiddos feel extra-special.


On Friday last week, David and I took off from work and together we went to have lunch with our precious Star. It was absolutely fabulous! I don't take time off from work often, and when I do, it is usually when the kids are already out of school. So to take a day off simply to go to school and be with our Bryan was a very special treat for my hubby and myself as much as it was for our Star.

We also had the joy of being able to read some of Bryan's favorite books to his class. I think he was the only Star of the Week in his class to have both parents come read to the class. His smile was beaming from ear to ear and you could tell that he was so proud!
We read "Llama, Llama, Red Pajama" and "Llama, Llama, Mad at Mama" both written by Anna Dewdney. They have been some of our family favorites ever since Dylan was small. Looking back at last week, I have fond memories, as I'm sure Bryan will too as he gets older. The worry and frustration that I experience each time one of these "special" assignments come home is far outweighed by the joy and happiness I feel each time I see the pride and sheer delight on my kiddos faces. I love my kids with every fiber of my being and appreciate any opportunity I have to create special moments & memories with them.

It makes me a Llama, Llama, Happy Momma!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

You both do an awesome job with your kids. I can tell by the smile on his face that he loved, LOVED having you both there. How sweet!

Crystal M. said...

Looks like a great day!! We also LOVE Llama Llama Mad at Mama!!

Grandmommy said...

I am so happy you could both attend Bryan's special day at school. Looks like everyone had a great week.
I hope his bee's were under control.

Anonymous said...

I have not seen your blog in quite some time. Looks like this is the beginning of a great spring & summer.
Congratulations to Bryan on being "Star of the Week".

Grandmama

JMM Haddonfield said...

You're such a good mom! reading this reminded of the time my youngest (of 4) was Star of the Week. I couldn't find any pictures of him (by himself) since he had been an infant- and then I realized I HADN'T DEVELOPED ANY FILM since he was one year old (this was pre-digital camera days). I developed about 15 rolls of film- and ta-da! he had lots of pix for his poster!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Christianlouboutinmy.com,the summer is coming,what are you waiting for,just come and go shopping,here are our featured and best-seller christian louboutin products:chanel shoes chanel shoes jimmy choo jimmy choo manolo blahnik manolo blahnik louis vuitton shoes louis vuitton shoes Tory Burch Shoes and so on.