Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 1: Part 2 ~ Dinner & Downtown Disney

Once we arrived in Orlando, we hitched a ride with Disney's Magical Express to our resort. Upon arrival, we were greeted & were given a red carpet entrance. Haha! No, seriously, they had a red carpet that was roped off for us when we arrived. We arrived 3 hours before check-in, but our room was already ready for us. And so was our stroller rental. So we dropped off our carry on bags, grabbed one of our 2 strollers and headed out for Downtown Disney!
We had a fun time. We shopped.
We took advantage of some great photo ops (which turned out to be a good thing since Elysa refused to have her pic made with any of the characters in the Parks, EXCEPT for Woody!).
We had dinner at T-Rex Cafe. Delicious!! And very entertaining!

We took advantage of some more photo ops.

We played in the water.
And we rented a boat for about an hour and we all took turns driving. It was so relaxing and the kids LOVED it!
This guy (I can't remember his name) showed us to our boat. I asked him if he would be so kind as to take a picture of us together and he said "sure!". So I gave him the camera and he turned and gave it to David and sat down beside me and put his arm around me as he said to David, "You mind taking a picture? She asked if I would take a picture of us together." It was so funny & I love the picture!!
After enjoying much of Downtown Disney, we decided to head back to the room to get rested for Day 2 @ Magic Kingdom. We ended up at the pool.
It was very late, and very cold, but I am happy that we decided to hop in for a few minutes. Little did I know, we wouldn't make it back to the pool for the rest of the trip!
This is a (very) brief summary of our first day at Disney. I'm sure I will share more detailed stories as time passes and I have more time to reflect back on the trip, but for the time being, this will conclude day 1 and I'll move on to Day 2 next time.

What? You want more? More of day 1? What's that? More pics? Well, you're in luck. And so am I!!! My friend, Crystal has made for us a video of the first day of our Disney trip with lots of extra pictures that are not included in this blog post. I'll post it tomorrow, so be sure to come back and check it out! I LOVE IT!!!

'Til then...Toodles!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Downtown Disney was a great idea to start your trip off with! We so messed up on that one with the boys. You can tell the kids are having a ball. I can't believe how clear the pool pictures turned out! I can't wait to see and hear more.

Grandmommy said...

Can't wait to see the vacation evolve. Love the boat rental idea. Looks like Elysa could be a stand-in for Cinderella.

Crystal M. said...

We ate at T-Rex the day it opened when we were there for Eva's wish trip, it was very cool. I will have to look into the boat rental that looks like fun the boys love boats.
I am glad you like the video, cant wait to start the next one!!

Crystal and Eva

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a Day 1. You all must have stayed on high energy all day long. Everyone seems to be having a great time, your vacation is starting off with a bang. Can't wait for Day 2.

Grandmama