Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Not a Disney Post

I had to interrupt our Disney trip report to tell about a little adventure we had today. Hehehehe. Today, I took the kids to see Monsters vs. Aliens at the theater in the local mall. We met some friends too.

The movie was great (meaning it captured the attention of all 4 kids) and afterwards we went to the food court for lunch.
Then we went for a spin on the carousel.
And then, just as we were headed for the door to leave, we spotted this bad boy. It's a Hurricane simulator. LOL! You simply insert 2 bucks & whole bunch of kids, shut the door, and voila! Instant entertainment! :)

The kids even seemed to love it.
Until the winds hit about 65 miles per hour, which was when their fun stopped and ours started. Elysa wanted out. And she began crying. I was so afraid to open the door because I didn't want to trigger some sort of emergency "off" switch and ruin the hurricane for the rest of the kids. lol!
Luckily it was over as quickly as it started and we let Elysa out.
And left the rest in for another go around. Two hurricanes in one day! Ahahahahaaaaa! These pictures still make me laugh til I cry!



4 comments:

Grandmommy said...

Why didn't the adults give it a whirl? Could be considered child abuse putting that many kids in a tube and blowing them to death. Looks like a fun summer afternoon.

Anonymous said...

What we do for Fun!! Reminds me when I was young and we packed the car to go to drive-in movie. Whole car load in for 5 bucks.

Looks like this is going to be a great summer vacation.

Grandmama

Crystal M. said...

LOL!! I still crack up looking at them in the box.
I hope u are enjoying the videos and hearing how Elysa did not like the charaters at Disney it reminded me of Bailey during out 1st trip to Disneyland and how he did not like them either and cried in so many of the pics...LOL!
Cant wait to hear more Disney stories.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Amanda said...

LOL!!! Such a shame you couldn't find a spaceball to put them in ;) What cute pictures.