Thursday, September 23, 2010

Since Monday.

In case you didn't know, he's been out of town since Monday.

Since Monday, I've changed all the dirty diapers by myself. No paper scissors rock to see who the lucky one is. I miss paper scissor rock. And the person I always play against.

Since Monday, I have done all the homework monitoring by myself. And I've been terrible at it. I don't have the patience to be a homework monitor. And I miss the person who does.

Since Monday, I haven't driven the truck once. But today I wanted to and when I went to get in it, I found that 4 days of 100 degree temps is terrible for a half eaten taco in a sealed & locked truck. I don't really miss that smell. But I miss the person who left the taco in the truck.

Since Monday, I have been the sole disciplinarian. I stink at it. The kids don't take me seriously, probably because I really dont take myself seriously. But I miss the one they do take seriously.

Since Monday, I have had to feed the dogs every day. By myself. And I suddenly realized that I dont know how much food they are supposed to eat every day. I never feed the dogs. I miss the person that does know how much to feed them. And while I'm sure they do too, I'm also pretty sure they aren't complaining about the surplus they have been getting this week. ;)

Since Monday, I have been late to work. Every day. But, well, that's nothing new.

Since Monday, I have spoken to my beloved hubby for all of 5 hours total. I miss the typical 5 hours a day.

Since Monday, I haven't gotten into the bed a minute before 11pm. I think I'm going to change that right now.

And in less than 24 hours, my friends, I am going to see him. For the first time since Monday!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

All I can say is, how sweet. You two post some of the most endearing comments about each other. If I didn't know any better, I would think you two are in love :)

FASHA said...

My wife, how sweet! I almost cried when I read it....she really does miss me! ; )