Wednesday, October 24, 2012

On the fence

Ah, pinterest, I knew I was bound to get sucked in eventually.

Not that this is a bad thing, necessarily. Well, yeah, it is a bad thing.

Last night, I literally spent all night scrolling and scrolling through pinned ideas: crafts, recipes, home school organization tips, clothes, hair styles, and the list goes on. You name it, I probably read about it. ......And then....... I saw a picture of a piece of wall art made out of a fence board and that's when things really kicked up a notch! We have had a stack of wooden fence boards sitting in the back yard ever since we moved in. They were left there by the previous owners and we have just never been bothered enough by them to move them. So right away I ran out, grabbed a fence board and immediately began tearing apart the cabinets trying to find everything I needed to create my own.

Believe it or not, I had all the necessary supplies to make this cute table top or hanging welcome sign. I'm thinking of whether or not I want to drill a couple of holes in it and add some thick twine to hang it from or to get an easel to put it on. What do you think?


Not too shabby for a late night project after putting the kids to bed. Of course, I had to let the paint dry before I sanded and applied the vinyl so it was not finished until today. Totally worth the wait. And now, I'm no longer "on the fence" about pinterest. No, my friends, I'm hooked!


Thanks for stopping by! Y'all have a great night!